Lainos

[B0S] Presents... Sacrament

Sacrament V1.1
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=16475
http://rghost.ru/9303981
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28808899/Sacrment.zip
Sacrament V1.0
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16447

Hello. I want to present new [B0S] clan's wad (you could've heard about our previous work - Da Will) - Sacrament.
Overall, wad is quite various (as well as Da Will was), and combines different approaches and styles, though it adheres to the general concept. The basic emphasis is made on atmosphere and design. Still, we tried no to screw up with gameplay. It has turned out differently so I think that different players will be pleased with different maps.
I think that I will not tire you further with the chatter, so I will better lay out screenshots and teaser with some gameplay moments.

Format - Limit Removing (prBoom+ is recommended, since music is in OGG)
IWAD - Doom2.wad
Quantity of maps - 13

MAP01 - Reposa In Pace (Slavius)
MAP02 - Doxylamine Moon (Lainos)
MAP03 - Dirtyllery (Wraith)
MAP04 - Phobia (Dr.Max)
MAP05 - Lavatraz (Wraith)
MAP06 - Pandora's Box (Archi)
MAP07 - Arena (Dragon Hunter)
MAP08 - Zone X (Archi)
MAP09 - Vancouver (Archi)
MAP10 - Wood Prison (Azamael)
MAP11 - Seaport (Azamael)
MAP12 - Industrial Processing (Dragon Hunter)
MAP13 - Controlled System (BeeWen (Lestat))

Teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxK4lCLokDc

Demopack by Memfis:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=968631#post968631

Nice to see a thread about this. Downloaded this as someone suggested it was fairly good, just haven't played it yet. Looks pretty interesting from the screens.

Wow just played through a few maps of this..

I dunno what to say, it's awesome but not as a DOOM wad, this is like another game,

it feels like a TC, well done guys the levels and puzzles are really well though out, I wish this was a seperate game though

Played the first few levels. So far my favorite is MAP02, which I thought was an absolutely brilliant display of craftsmanship. I loved the emphasis on exploration above slaughtering hundreds of monsters, because quite frankly the environment was gorgeous and I was more than satisfied just walking around, taking everything in as I went. The music really adds to the whole atmosphere as well.

Aside from that, I'm liking what I'm playing so far. Quite a few interesting level designs among these maps. :)

The name has been forever ruined for me by that Californian city.

I'm almost finished with this WAD (about halfway through map 13), and I have to say that I'm...kind of disappointed. It starts of great: Map 1 puts Doom Guy in his home, but it's now infested with Hellish parts, like a sink in the kitchen overflowing with blood, and the bathroom now blocked off by vines. The basement leads down into an underground cave with rock mixed with flesh and blood textures. The music was intense, eerie, and thrilling for this map.

Map 2 puts Doom Guy back in his home, but now it's normal. I found this kind of trippy and wondered if map 1 was a nightmare or something. Now we step out into a quiet city at night, and it's expansive and beautiful, including the very gorgeous park. It was like a cross between "Dawn of Reality" and "Phocas Island 2" (two WADs I really enjoyed). You get the complex, vast city with a variety of architecture (like DoR) but you also get the non-linear, exploration-heavy game play. Monsters are rather sparse, but the process of figuring out what to do distracts from that.

I wondered if the whole WAD would be like that, involving lots of exploration and, possibly, some freaky twists (ala the first map). But, after map 2, things seemed to change far too quickly in a different direction, and none of the maps regained what maps 1 and 2 created. Plus, I have to admit that maps 3-13 were a mixed bag Map 8, "Zone X," seemed too much like a generic tech facility map, and it was my least favorite.

The maps seem to be battling for a solid, coherent theme, as they belong together but also don't. They seem to go off into their own directions, yet, as stand-alone maps, I'm not so sure they'd be successful at all. Also, things dragged on way too slowly after map 2, and I felt kind of bored at times.

The music, though, was consistently excellent (save map 8's, which I found a bit annoying), and I have to say that "Sacrament" at least has a solid, professional-style soundtrack. But I don't think the WAD lives up to the epic quality of the music (sorry).

It's not a bad WAD...I just think that there's too much of a disjointed feeling amongst the maps, and maps 1 and 2 seemed to start a completely different story from what actually ended up being presented.

Sorry :-\ Just wasn't my thing.

Excellent compilation of great levels!

Doxylamine Moon and Seaport levels are the most amazing I've seen for a long time!

I've somehow missed this so far but I have to say that it looks really interesting. Downloading now. :)

Changelog.
Differences between 1.0 and 1.1
-Almost all bugs/glitches are fixed on all maps, and some details added/remade.
-Almost completely remade balance on Map 10 & Map 11.
-Hint added on automap, on Map 02.
-Pistol&shotgun sprites changed a bit.
-While playing in coop, now you won't "stuck" on some maps.
-Endmap has been added.
-Music replaced on Map 08