Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HippyJonny

Doom 3 Noob

Hi all, big fan of doom games obviously, just recently started playing doom 3 again(had it before but only played the first 6 or 7 levels)anyway, I'm a definite noob when it comes to doom 3, but I think the game isn't half bad. Its not a worthy sequel but stands its own right just fine.

What are your thoughts on Doom 3, I've been finding a lot of hardcore doom 1 and 2 fans can't stand it, and wondered if this was the case with the DoomWorld gang?

It's a fine game which could have been a definite modernization of the old Doom series, but was held back by Id's sad decisions to make some poor gameplay decisions and linear levels that are nothing next to the more catchy Doom 1 maps and style.

Today we're getting ports like GZDoom which help make Doom modern, but it is still being held back by some fundamental limiting factors of Doom's physics and structure and by the fact that of course, everything is free and people are already doing this out of hobby.

A decent, fun game which fails at delivering Doom for the new generation, but still holds up well for being a modern shooter. At least it's not riddled with any stupid modern features like regenerating health and it's fun shooting things. Not to mention its extensive backstory.