Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristian Ronge

Kama Sutra demos [-complevel 2]

I don't hear too much about Kama Sutra, but it's good to see people are still challenging these maps. =)

Anyone up for challenging some of these maps PlasmaLess?

Map28 would be captivating if the BFG & Plasma Rifle weren't used. Would be an even bigger challenge than the existing Max run (which itself is bloody brilliant!) I fired this map up and got 130 kills without leaving the starting room or hitting anything myself (just firing to provoke response from non-deaf monsters), through infighting (the first cyber in the distance got mauled once he started throwing rockets), and there are a few others that get telefragged by the player as well so Cybers largely wouldn't be an issue. For the rest, infighting and the SSG would usually work. Rockets would make short work of Archies, Knights and Barons; a few "shepherded" Rev missiles would take out several more (or at least keep them distracted).

Any takers? :)

Kama Sutra MAP31 UV-Max in 8:38

Ok, this time is amazing. Angus was trying to beat the 10-minute barrier and I got it 02:39 lower than his current time. Angus would be proud I guess.

I had some godlike moments and some shoddy moments but oh well, this is a 8:38 demo after all.

ks31-838.zip

Oh my, that´s great!
I still hope that somebody will do a decent record on map 18. Anybody interested in? :-)
EDIT: According to DSDA, your demo could be the demo #400 for ksutra - nice! :-)

Gusta said:

Oh my, that´s great!
I still hope that somebody will do a decent record on map 18. Anybody interested in? :-)
EDIT: According to DSDA, your demo could be the demo #400 for ksutra - nice! :-)

might look at it, btw, whats the difference from ksutra.wad and the old wad? there's nothing in the txt if im right.
a few bugfix?

Yes, IIRC a few bugfixes. There were some places you could get stuck, some HOMs, VPO possibilities. Small things that could cause problems now and then, and therefore got squished.

I can't think of any reason not to use the final version. There weren't any maps thrown out, or things like that, and AFAIK there weren't any errors introduced (apart perhaps from the SMM added at the exit of map09 - that was somehow added by accident in SP, and was meant to be MP-only).

Yes that was a funny mistake but it turned out to be pretty good, the map plays much better with that SMM near exit :-)
It looks like we released that bugfixed version on 25.3.2005 ... it´s 6 years ago ... damn, I´m old :-)
Oh and sorry, we really didn´t care to change the txt file due to our laziness.
That map18 would need a speedroute to get BFG early and then you can squeeze the time however you want to ... maybe around 7 minutes could be doable? ;-)

if no1 does before, Once im done with cchest3 ill definitely look @ it (a big plus for the midi of the level, so will be patient with the map eheh. yea I'm strange.) ^^
ps: -7maps for cc3

1ntru said:

Kama Sutra MAP31 UV-Max in 8:38

Very nice demo! Congrats. :)

Map26 needs a better maxrun as well. I'd also love to see -fast demos on Map26 and 29. I'm pretty sure these are possible.

Map 26 UV-Fast in 22:34.

Luckcrap start, remains rather tough throughout the map. Those cybies by the switches needing the RSK...the ones nearest the BK door are easy to kill (Well, that is until I pull a stupid and nearly kill myself :P).

The others? I literally came up with my way of killing them in this demo as it was ongoing. Slow as heck, but I really don't see any other way of handling it without it involving a whole lotta luck. That and this was the first time I had to deal with killing them and didn't want to die in a stupid manner.

Under 20 minutes, perhaps 17-18, should be possible here.

ks26f2234.zip

This is a warm up demo.
MAP03 Solo-net Max in 1:34

The reason behind me doing this is for practice since I haven't been speedrunning lately. I really don't know if I want to continue speed running, but at least I know I still have some sort of skill left.

This level actually becomes quite fun with -solo-net.

ks03c134.zip

An old demo from last year
Read text file for more information

Kama Sutra MAP13 "The Holocaust II" Solo-net Max in 4:54

Yeah I'm still on this map even after about a year of playing it. I just can't stop playing it for some reason.

The beginning is shitty, but after that it gets good.

ks13c454.zip

MAP32 UV-Max in 3:25

40 seconds improvement over Gusta's already amazing demo.

This is still improvable (wasted a BFG shot on a single caco and had to rocket the caged Cybie to death) but right now I don't feel like doing it.

ks32-325.zip

hey, Rizera, this is excellent, great routes, great demos! Please do more big improvements over my undoubtedly "amazing" demos :-D (map 18 is waiting for you, come on!)

Gusta said:

hey, Rizera, this is excellent, great routes, great demos! Please do more big improvements over my undoubtedly "amazing" demos :-D (map 18 is waiting for you, come on!)

I took a look at map18 and obviously the idea is to rush to the BFG as fast as possible but there are so many monsters on the way! Damn, why so many Cacodemons? I might try it someday if no one else does.

With the latest ks hype, I figured I could record something
map eight max 5:24

@memfis

Now who will be a complete jerk and tell him there was a monster alive when he exited? ... ... ehhh ... never mind

I might try it, it doesn't seem that hard.

ks08-524.zip

Now who will be a complete jerk and tell him there was a monster alive when he exited?

Oh those damn resurrected monsters. :) Maybe I'll try again later...

Nice use of caco in the RK room. And, of course, no m27 demo is complete without a rocket in your face. :D

j4rio said:

blah

27 max 9:44

what exactly opened the doors in first place to lure the knights in the rk btw? random imps did?

and how long it took to get this demo out? I feel like takes ages for me to reach a decent knowledge of a level nowadays.. or simply ive not so longruns of mine (bored early or no free time)

blob1024 said:

what exactly opened the doors in first place to lure the knights in the rk btw? random imps did?

and how long it took to get this demo out? I feel like takes ages for me to reach a decent knowledge of a level nowadays.. or simply ive not so longruns of mine (bored early or no free time)

Yeah, imps most likely.

Took me cca 2 hours for first (this) exit, excluding watching/rewatching some portions of demos of this map for ideas.

Besides I can guess that you get bored early, I can't imagine how much permanent damage my brain would suffer from maxing all cchests. :))

Memfis said:

Nice use of caco in the RK room. And, of course, no m27 demo is complete without a rocket in your face. :D

Anima sure is proud of me that I didn't break a tradition.

1ntru said:

Do MAP18 to make Gusta happy :D

Well I'll look at it. Seems like there is no way to simply rush for Bee Ef Gee.

Gusta said:

I am happy for all those great demos here! ;-)

:)

Some more low improvements

11 max 5:16
23 max 7:20

ks_maxez.zip