Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snakes

Doom Core Demos [-complevel 2]

Since the official version of Valkriforce's Doom Core has been released, I figured I'd get the ball rollin' on recording some demos. A lot of the maps should be good for UV-Max demos (not so sure about UV-Speed). Here's a pair to start off with:

Map15 UV-Speed in 0:18
Map17 UV-Max in 1:55

NOTE: As this wad is vanilla-compatible, -complevel 2 should be used when running in PrBoom-plus

dcv_runs.zip

Snakes, please don't use spaces in the names of your attachments. They cause problems in some browsers.

Memfis said:

Snakes, please don't use spaces in the names of your attachments. They cause problems in some browsers.

Renamed and reattached.

PS: I see map06 is begging for a flat-face glide.

Memfis said:

Map04 UV-Speed in 2:19

Unlike others this demo desynched for me (you stuck on spectre immediately after RL pickup). Something wrong with \idgames version of the WAD?

Btw, "DC" prefix is conflicting with DARKCVNT demos. May be better will take "CO" or "CR" or something similar, "CORE"-accented?

Memfis said:

Map04 UV-Speed in 0:55

Wow what's a huge improvement! :)

Memfis - you are really impressed me. Today I'm expecting only something like 1:09.

isn't cr clashing with classic episode -respawn, which is a compet-n category and possibly "more conflicting" than dc? :)

Indeed, this is a tricky one. I think "co" would be OK - I don't think that clashes with anything. Or "cv".

"cr" is already a very conflictive name - it is the standard naming for coop respawn on Doom2, and has been used for Crusades, Crimson Canyon, and some others.

Grazza said:

PS: I see map06 is begging for a flat-face glide.

Proof demo. Feel very free to improve the time or try it on NM.

Map06 UV Speed/Pacifist in 0:14

co06p014.zip

MAP13 UV-Fast in 6:23

UV-Fast before UV-Max, yeah. First-try first-exit demo. Just some casual play that actually turned into a demo. Pretty cool, isnt' it?! :D

dc13f-623.zip

1ntru said:

MAP15 UV-Max in 1:49

cool demo, however there's mouselook data in it. watch in gl+, it looks really weird... it happens to all your demos since you switched to 2.5.1.x, so you might want to track down the rogue setting.