Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't know what causes it, but happened me few times too.

I wonder if one could go through walls straight to exit with that kind of trick.

As you died you were crushed by the lift, you then became a ghost (like when an AV resurrects a crushed monster).

Paska said:

I wonder if one could go through walls straight to exit with that kind of trick.

Unlikely to be useful except in very special circumstances. It's actually quite difficult to exit most maps as a live zombie ghost. As a dead one you'd need an "damage/exit if health <10%" sector nearby. Ghost players can't use teleporters or teleport-style exits, and you can't press switches if you're dead.

It would probably need a mapper to set things up deliberately to make it feasible. (Hint, hint!)

The line you are shooting has a sky ceiling on it's back sector. When a missile hits the upper part of a line with sky on it's back sector it will vanish (so rockets / plasma don't explode when you shoot them into the sky). The line really should be facing the other way (so that the sky ceiling is on the front side).

DoomHero85 said:

I released this demo a while ago with a normal demo of the same map. I guess nobody watched it though.

I saw that demo when you released it but didn't comment as I didn't find it particularly weird, having seen Ledmeister's COMBSLIP.LMP many years ago.

Okay, just to watch this one might not be odd, and please let me know if it works, but here's the story:

I've been playing through Scythe on YouTube of late, and was about to upload a demo of MAP06 in 1:18. Strange thing happened: the demo just... y'know, desynced. I thought, "Odd, but I can pull it off again." Now, I've never had a desync issue on this map. EVERY demo played back fine, no matter what the time. I've gotten at least 1:21, 1:25, 1:33, etc. with no problems. Then I had another 1:18, so I thought I'd go ahead an upload again.

Same problem popped up. So, can anyone explain to me what in the world is going on that cause 1:18 demos to desync. All of the demos on DSDA have worked for me, so it's not an issue with my WAD.

sc06dsnc.zip

Can anyone explain how a demon could respawn so that we got stuck together? I thought they can't do that in vanilla. Wad is Pretty Hate Marine: Entryway.

Distance between the player and the demon after respawning is slightly less than 31 unit. Behaves the same in vanilla and plus.

Demo attached.

EDIT: hehe, almost simultaneous posting with Snakes.

ph1nmhuh.zip

Forgot to mention: it's not just a desync issue, the demo just "cuts out" at the first lift.

EDIT: After getting another 1:18 oddity, it desynced, and then another one, and it worked. WTF?

from sc06dsnc.txt:
Recorded using PrBoom 2.5.0.7 on -complevel 2

from prB+ stdout.txt:
Playing demo D:\Doom\sc06dsnc.lmp
<...>
G_DoPlayDemo: playing demo with Current PrBoom compatibility

The so-called "Current PrBoom compatibility" (aka default_compatibility_level -1 in prB+ config or -complevel 17 on command line) is there just for working around specific problems on specific maps and for development purposes. Most of the time the standard complevels (2, 3, 4 and 9) should be used instead. In your case -complevel 2 must be added to the command line or default_compatibility_level changed to 2 in the config for that to work.

Apart from the fact that Scythe is not a Boom or MBF WAD, vanilla-format demos are a lot easier to troubleshoot since they don't use any of the numerous compat options found in "Current PrBoom compat".

They can occur without the player even firing at all. Try Nuts.wad on Nightmare, playing Pacifist style. An intercepts overflow is likely.

Cool. I guess it happens because the corpses are still solid for a short period of time.

Memfis said:

Cool. I guess it happens because the corpses are still solid for a short period of time.

Cool demos, guys!

In this demo I get an all-ghosts glitch in the very first seconds of the level. I had no BFG and only a few monsters were active. I'm completeley unable to explain this since I've played this level a ton of times and this never happened again.

I think this is a very weird and somewhat impressive effect.

Hell Revealed 2 MAP15 All-Ghosts glitch

h215-allghosts.zip

j4rio said:

Some more overflows. Plays back with hr2.

Very cool and funny demos, j4rio!

Can anyone tell me what happens in this demo? This has never happened to me before. Plays with ngmvmt1.wad.

Weirdness starts at 1:21 of this 1:33 long demo.

ng09-heh.zip

blob, an Archie can even commit suicide with his attack thanks to splash damage, if he is weak enough. Archie's attack is divided in two parts, one being a plain 20 damage and the other part being up to 70 of splash damage (which can make him suicide).

Here is what Doom Wiki says:

Doom Wiki says
The arch-vile's attack inflicts a base 20 points of damage, plus up to 70 additional points of blast damage. The blast damage against immobile targets is often around 63 or 67 points, as the center of the attack is not normally placed at the center of the target.

Now I want to see who can explain what happened in my ng09-heh demo. D:

there are three dolls in ng09 and during the zombification thing 962 takes damage and its health goes to 72. i haven't checked it closer, but could it have been a manco fireball that clipped through walls?

i had a similar experience in pl2 map28, also with a cloistered doll, and jario played with -fast, so fireball clipping would be even more common for him, so i wager his "without any voodoo interaction" statement is false. :)

Well, I had heard about Zombie players but I never thought there were any voodoo dolls in ng09. So a Mancubus clipping hit my voodoo doll? Mind blown x2!

Hmm. I got blasted right in the face by a cyberdemon but I didn't get hurt. Around the 5 minute mark if I remember correctly. Wonder what's up with that.

(demo)