Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Community Chest 4 > The Community Chest 4 Status Check Thread, Part 3
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 10 [11]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:38. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jointritual
Mini-Member

^ Sorry about that, I should have submitted it as it was essentially done really, I can send it to you if your interested?

Old Post 03-04-12 15:10 #
jointritual is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
C30N9

No worries. I'm interested, unless you're keeping it for another project.

Old Post 03-04-12 17:43 #
C30N9 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jointritual
Mini-Member

Nah will send it soon, feel free to release it as a stand-alone level if you want, I might do myself eventually, but I'm no good with Xwe and stuff like that...

Old Post 03-04-12 19:19 #
jointritual is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Capellan
Forum Regular

Any news, TGH?

Old Post 03-12-12 02:38 #
Capellan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheMionicDonut

Bump thread.

Old Post 03-21-12 18:20 #
TheMionicDonut is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Stapler

The tension is palpable... The atmoshpere, electric. But still... we're waiting to know. Aching to find out. Hungering for even the tiniest morsel.

Old Post 03-22-12 10:04 #
Phobus is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I haven't managed to get my level finished, but I'll be starting the process of putting a beta together anyway (in which the level will be finished). As with Community Chest 3, there will be a thread posted detailing its progress, including any bugfixes I've made to submitted levels. Stay tuned.

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 03-22-12 17:08 #
The Green Herring is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darkreaver

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Old Post 03-22-12 17:35 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
walter confalonieri

The Green Herring said:
I haven't managed to get my level finished, but I'll be starting the process of putting a beta together anyway (in which the level will be finished). As with Community Chest 3, there will be a thread posted detailing its progress, including any bugfixes I've made to submitted levels. Stay tuned.

Great Scott.

It was time.

Old Post 03-24-12 00:08 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I've started the compilation progress thread, which will, well, track the progress of compiling the beta. Be sure to subscribe to that thread so you can follow it as it goes on!

Old Post 04-04-12 05:36 #
The Green Herring is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
t.v.

@ the green herring:
I just sent you an email...

Old Post 04-10-12 10:46 #
t.v. is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

I got your e-mail and I have the graphics implemented now. Thank you! Your website will be mentioned in the text file, and I hope your projects turn out well!

Old Post 04-10-12 19:49 #
xAn
Mini-Member

Any eta on sight? I canīt wait anymore...

Old Post 05-17-12 16:24 #
xAn is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darkreaver

Not yet. Follow the progress in this thread: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/communi...rogress-thread/

As TGH said, things will hopefully speed up a bit now that school`s over

Old Post 05-17-12 17:17 #
darkreaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
Forum Staple

Checking in. I'm starting to get more free time lately, so I should actually be able to test now. Will be testing in the original Boom using DosBox.

Old Post 06-05-12 06:16 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

Sodaholic said:
Will be testing in the original Boom using DosBox.
Alas, at this point, it's "Any Boom-compatible source port that supports doubled segs and tall patches". PrBoom-plus -complevel 9 and Eternity will be recommended.

Also, the alpha stage of development is already over, so you don't have to check in in this thread. ;)

Old Post 06-05-12 06:27 #
Sodaholic
Forum Staple

But I thought that the aim was to have it be runnable in the original? Of course, most people will play it in different ports, but still.

Old Post 06-05-12 18:47 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

That aim ended up changing in 2010 when contributors requested that my SEGS limit guideline be removed because every single Boom-compatible source port that players actually use supports doubled SEGS. The ports also support tall patches, such as the MAP12-20 sky texture. I designed my own level ("Nectar of the Gods", MAP13 in the beta) with Boom.exe in mind, though, but if other levels crash in Boom.exe with a "segment violation" while loading, it's due to breaking the SEGS limit. As I said, PrBoom-plus -complevel 9 and Eternity are recommended for testing now.

Last edited by The Green Herring on 06-05-12 at 19:45

Old Post 06-05-12 18:59 #
Sodaholic
Forum Staple

Alright, testing it that way instead.

Old Post 06-05-12 20:00 #
Diverse
Warming Up

It is probably long past the date on this, but I see there is one open spot for beta testing and since I have a bunch of days off with nothing planned, I'd like to help meet the beta testing deadline (July 18th)if possible, otherwise, don't worry about it.

Last edited by Diverse on 07-06-12 at 20:12

Old Post 07-06-12 00:48 #
Diverse is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Torn
google is your master

Hello, it seems like alot of people disliked my level and I can't say I feel like fixing the bugs atm. So feel free to remove it.

Old Post 08-13-12 21:01 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

No, Torn. Absolutely not. Especially not when the final release of this project is scheduled for release this week. (On August 17, to be precise.) Do you really think I would delay the project just so everyone who playtested the WAD the previous three weeks can take time out to playtest whichever level would be thrown in place of yours to the same degree as every other level in the WAD? Get real. Besides, it's not like I can't fix whichever bugs are in your level and address what concerns are there regarding it.

Thank you, though, for reminding me that there's no longer any use for this thread, given that the megawad's map roster was already filled a long time ago, so I'm going to lock it. Have a nice day.

Old Post 08-13-12 21:14 #