Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > New Scythe 2b Demos [-complevel 2]
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 9 [10]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:25. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Grazza
1.19345614 10^-66 m^4 kg^2 / s^2

dew: Are you confusing spechits and intercepts again?

Spechits overflow emulation is the one you should definitely have turned on (no bad effects and it means it emulates the original game accurately), and intercepts is the one you should turn off unless you are investigating this phenomenon or have something very unusual in mind (i.e. exploiting the overflow to exit a map with a damage/exit sector). Otherwise nothing beneficial can come from having intercepts overflow turned on, as all it will do is trash an attempt without adding any useful compatibility otherwise.

memfis's simple advice is good (although playeringame is largely irrelevant): turn emulation on in all other cases, and for general play or recording, turn all warnings off.

I also recommend that once you have the settings set up the way you are happy with, you retain your cfg files, and whenever you upgrade to the latest glboom-plus.exe/prboom-plus.exe (using the current test version is recommended), you simply overwrite the old exe with the new one.

Old Post 10-14-13 05:39 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
j4rio
Forum Staple

Memfis said:
Eventually it will happen to you during a really good attempt about 4 hours into okumap and then you'll be a little angry at yourself.

It happens only with -cl2/3/4, okumap is unaffected by it. ToD's cl2 maps are somewhat prone to trigger them a little more occassionally but those are all I could think of.

Old Post 10-15-13 17:35 #
j4rio is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
j4rio
Forum Staple

map 24 max 8:11

!

Attachment: s224-811.zip
This has been downloaded 25 time(s).

Old Post 10-15-13 18:47 #
j4rio is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
j4rio
Forum Staple

map 30 max 7:36

Attachment: s230-736.zip
This has been downloaded 27 time(s).

Old Post 10-18-13 13:27 #
Memfis
Forum Legend

Grazza said:
I also recommend that once you have the settings set up the way you are happy with, you retain your cfg files, and whenever you upgrade to the latest glboom-plus.exe/prboom-plus.exe (using the current test version is recommended), you simply overwrite the old exe with the new one.

Hmm, but what if there are some new config variables in the version I'm updating to? For example here it says that there are now variables for playing with monster health bars, however they don't simply appear in the cfg file after you load the newest *.exe, it seems. That feature sounds really fun, I want to try it. :)

edit: wow, also just found out about the crosshair and how you can make it lock on targets and change the color when doing so. Super cool feature, gonna come in handy when shooting at monsters above you!

Last edited by Memfis on 11-01-13 at 03:20

Old Post 11-01-13 03:12 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote