A very extensive enhancement/extension mod for DOOM (DOOM, Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II: Hell on Earth, Final DOOM) that elevates the gaming experience to a much higher level. Every weapon, enemy, item and decoration have received a face-lift. Just about everything in your environment can now be interacted with (if you can't use it, shoot it) just to mention one feature. Weapons are more detailed and have smoother animations, enemies have a ton of alternate death animations, your environment is now full of ambiance noises (lamps humming, flies buzzing, torches flicker etc.), lots and lots of visual special effects, destructible (and in some cases usable) scenery and much much more. All this while the core game-play remains pretty much intact.
Designed for and requiring 3DGE (2.0.0 or later).
Compatible with any official DOOM game as well as any level, levelset or megawad that doesn't come with new sprites (enemies, weapons, etc).
* Beefed up the plasma gun, it was kind of weak, even useless, when compared to the Gatling gun
* Noticeable changes to the radiation suit power-up
* The Barons and Hell Knights now also make thump sounds when falling to the ground
* HUD: Color indicator for the health counter (blue, green, yellow and red)
* HUD: Status icons for the power-ups (ain't perfect but it works)
* The Spectre has been completely re-worked, no more a mere transparent version of the demon
* Custom, faster, select/deselect animations for all weapons
* Explosions from barrels are now a little more devastating
* New Gatling gun (chaingun) sprites, still sounds and behaves the same
* One new death animation for the former commando (credits to Stopsignal)
Get 3DGE here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/edg...DGE%20binaries/
Screen Resolution: no higher than 800x600
Dynamic Lightning: ON
[Sprite] Smoothing: OFF
Sound Sample Rate: 22050Hz
Sound sample Size: 16bit
Extra blood: OFF
Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II: Hell on Earth, Final DOOM: TNT Evolution, Final DOOM: Plutonia Experiment, DOOM the Way id Did, DOOM II the Way id Did, DOOM the Way id Did - The Lost Episodes, Brutalized DOOM & DOOM 2 levels, Requiem, Memento Mori, Memento Mori 2, BF_Thud!.wad (ChrisK DOOM), Path of a Fallen Angel, Invaders, The Darkening, The Evil Unleashed, 99 Ways to Die, 2002 A DOOM Odyssey, Epic 2, DOOM 2 In Name Only, DOOM 2 Reloaded, DOOM 32
Note: This is not Brutal DOOM. It is not in any shape or form affiliated with Brutal DOOM. Please, do not confuse or compare this to Brutal DOOM. Brutal DOOM is first and foremost a gore mod, this is first and foremost an enhancement/extension of the original game.
Note II: Not compatible with FreeDOOM! Will work though, but use at own risk.
Try this on for size: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d.../Doom4music.zip
A simple PWAD that adds the edited DOOM I and II music by Shane Strife (http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24423)
Last edited by CeeJay on 04-25-15 at 08:00