Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Interception - FINAL VERSION Released!
Pages (30): « First ... « 27 28 29 [30]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:05. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Matt534Dog

Yes, I forgot to update the ZMAPINFO file. It's fixed now.

Old Post 06-18-13 00:11 #
Matt534Dog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

Oh, also in my general comments map14 should be changed to map16.

Old Post 06-18-13 00:11 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

Also, if it doesn't bother you too much, maybe you should replace the description of Map31 with the following edited version without some idiotic spelling/grammar mistakes I made:

My first Interception map. It's not nearly as good as the other two, though I guess I'm pretty satisfied with the one-week build time, which is ultra-fast by my standards. The theme is the level's main attraction, though in retrospect I think I could have handled it better. For example, the main cavern could definitely use loads of more height variation. In Icarus Map20 (one of the two levels in that wad that this was inspired by), not only did the concept have better execution, but it was extended by having both upside-down and "normal" treks through the same abstract structure. Still, there are a few things here that hopefully make playing it worthwhile. I don't think the idea for the secret exit has ever been used before...

Old Post 06-18-13 00:39 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LigH

Regarding MAP10: How am I supposed to reach sector 124 alive (32 units height), to get 100% secrets?

Old Post 06-21-13 13:11 #
LigH is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Matt534Dog

Sorry for not posting this earlier, but I've been busy lately. Here's the latest fix with the updated ZMAPINFO (as well as some text file revisions):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y...bn/intercep.zip

EDIT: Also, as it turns out, I've been forgetting to update the link in the OP all this time! I'm sorry if you missed the final update due to checking the link in the OP instead of the posts I make here. Either way, it's updated now.

Last edited by Matt534Dog on 06-23-13 at 09:10

Old Post 06-23-13 08:59 #
Matt534Dog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LigH

Possible bug in MAP13:

There is a maze in a room near the blue skull key which raises two times while passing lines. Most of the maze is sector 108; but a part with a rocket crate on it, near a stairway, is sector 109. Because it has no slightly higher adjacent floors, it cannot raise. I believe it should be part of sector 108, too.

Another issue in MAP31:

The bars blocking the secret exit switch (sectors 390-393, tag 25) are activated by a switch behind them (line 1496). Are you certain it has the correct special (23: S1 down to lower floor by touching)? I would expect it to use another one, because it seems to be impossible to reach the switch to lower the bars without lowering the bars.

Last edited by LigH on 06-26-13 at 15:26

Old Post 06-26-13 13:19 #
LigH is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

LigH said:
Another issue in MAP31:

The bars blocking the secret exit switch (sectors 390-393, tag 25) are activated by a switch behind them (line 1496). Are you certain it has the correct special (23: S1 down to lower floor by touching)? I would expect it to use another one, because it seems to be impossible to reach the switch to lower the bars without lowering the bars.

Yep, the special's correct. Accessing the secret exit requires a completely different strategy than the one you seem to be expecting.

---------------

EDIT: More bugs:

Slime trail in Map28:
http://i.imgur.com/2MUoGZL.png
(Here's a fixed version of the map)

The level names on the automap are still wrong in Prboom+.

Last edited by Processingcontrol on 06-27-13 at 19:55

Old Post 06-27-13 19:02 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LigH

HoM in MAP26 above the lion button at the blood pool with teleporter ceiling (lines 5823 and 5824 matching line 4064) in Risen3D.

Same for the chimney above the fence in the Mancubi hall (lines 6174 and 6175 matching line 2342).
__

MAP28:

I believe sector 835 (center of the bridge) was intended to raise surprisingly? Then its linedefs should possibly be self-referencing to hide it below the surrounding sector 588.
__

End text:

code:
... BUT, AS IT TURNS OUT, YOUR JOB WAS ONLY GETTING STARTED. BARBATOS WAS ONLY A MASK TO HIDE THE PORTAL THE DEMONS USED TO MAKE IT HERE. THERE'S. {Why this dot?} NO WAY IN HELL YOU'RE GONNA LET THOSE DEMONS WIN. NOT IN THIS LIFETIME. ...

For some strange reason, I never saw the intermission texts in Risen3D.

Last edited by LigH on 07-03-13 at 13:42

Old Post 07-02-13 12:27 #
Processingcontrol

LigH said:

MAP28:
I believe sector 835 (center of the bridge) was intended to raise surprisingly? Then its linedefs should possibly be self-referencing to hide it below the surrounding sector 588.

Nope - it currently works as intended.

Old Post 07-07-13 22:46 #
Matt534Dog

Submitted the final version to /idgames. Thanks for all the support and help, you guys! See you all in Interception: Part II!

Old Post 07-07-13 22:47 #
Processingcontrol

The final version still doesn't seem to be on /idgames.

Old Post 08-19-13 01:56 #
Ragnor
I do see the humour in a mod sneakily changing my title

So is this the super final ultra version that was done after the Megawad club inspired changes and updates?

Old Post 08-19-13 14:09 #
Ragnor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Matt534Dog

Unless there's a super, ultra, game-breaking bug found, yes.

Old Post 08-20-13 03:03 #
Ragnor
I do see the humour in a mod sneakily changing my title

Cool, I waited on this till such a version.

Old Post 08-20-13 14:34 #
Ragnor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
yuri04
Green Marine

i can't figure out which version is the latest one. the one in this thread and the one on the dw megawad club seem to have different map orders

Old Post 08-25-13 03:30 #
yuri04 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LodiB88
Banned

DWMC is definitely older version.

Old Post 08-25-13 04:19 #
LodiB88 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

Has the list of map names been fixed yet?

Old Post 08-25-13 04:46 #
Marnetmar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
yuri04
Green Marine

so if final version is the one in this thread,the names of the maps on the automap are wrong too

Old Post 08-25-13 12:25 #
yuri04 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Matt534Dog

I could've sworn I uploaded the version with the updated deh file; nevertheless, here's the version I uploaded to /idgames, which definitely has the updated deh file:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x...nb/interfin.zip

Old Post 09-02-13 06:49 #
kmxexii

Matt534Dog said:
Unless there's a super, ultra, game-breaking bug found, yes.

I just ran into this myself, but in the latest version on /idgames, you can't finish MAP19 (Alpha Tower). The two key switches don't open their doors for some reason.

Old Post 11-07-13 06:59 #
kmxexii is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sokoro

the problem is, that the switches for blue and red keycards have a door open stay (fast) triggers for two door sectors... which are next to each other... and, when either of these two door sectors try to *open* by raising its ceiling, then it check for the closest ceiling around the sector.. which is always the other door sector, so neither of the doors ever open.

This is a serious issue of the most important piece of software on the earth and now it is going to explode!

Not really, but it should be fixed.

Old Post 11-07-13 16:41 #
Sokoro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kmxexii

In the same vein, I can't get past the Spider Mastermind room in MAP29. All the monsters are dead, but the teleporter on the mancubi ledge just sends you back to just before the line that teleports you there in the first place. I'm guessing that the trap line was supposed to be single use?

Old Post 11-09-13 00:59 #
kmxexii is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
valkiriforce
Forum Regular

From the most recent version I looked into myself, I have a slight issue with the map placement:

MAP06 (the map I made) is now in the MAP05 slot with the music made for MAP05. I thought the level was much more a MAP06 than a MAP05 since it is the longest map of the first six and I created it with that intention. Also it was meant to have the music that MAP06 currently holds so I personally prefer this slot for my map.

MAP23 (another map I worked on with C30N9) is now MAP24, which places it after an (IMO) especially hard map; felt this one was also more fitting for the 23 slot.

And it seems kmxexii already covered my concern for the Mastermind part of MAP29.

Old Post 11-10-13 06:49 #
valkiriforce is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ETPC
Warming Up

EDIT: nevermind im a big ol doofus

Last edited by ETPC on 12-30-13 at 04:25

Old Post 12-30-13 03:53 #
ETPC is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cybershark

When will people learn to use version numbers?
I mean what was the point in naming the zip "interfin" when the files in the achive have the exact same name as dozens of prior versions?

Do you have any idea how frustrating it can be to ensure everyone has the same version to play online - where wad authentication is required? :/

Old Post 12-30-13 21:23 #
Cybershark is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote