Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Mental Illness
batshit spastic?
yea
nae
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 4 [5]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:07. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Gokuma
picnic bench lord

I have Dimmu Brain Fungus. It heralds the end.

Old Post 02-13-14 01:08 #
Gokuma is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kotzugi

Perhaps we are simply better with diagnosing stuff than ever before, combined with the fact that the Western first-world living conditions are in some ways quite unhealthy and unique to this way of living.

Old Post 02-13-14 04:43 #
Kotzugi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

glenzinho said:
I agree with printz and darkreaver's points. There seems to be a culture of sickness these days that some are too ready to accept.

But why accept it? To use some sort of faulty/self-imposed diagnosis as a crutch? Now days I feel people have been wizening up to such crutches and simply ignore those who try out their 'free cards.' Or maybe not.

Old Post 02-13-14 05:10 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sokoro

Doomhuntress said:
i have a cunt. oh, and autism also i guess.

Pics, or it did not happen.

So you think that asperger's syndrome is not real?
I dare you to live with one of them for a week and you change your mind.

Old Post 02-14-14 16:49 #
Sokoro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gokuma
picnic bench lord

Me arse be the smartest of all. Me thinks there be a second brain thar!

Old Post 02-15-14 23:00 #
Gokuma is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
the_miano
formerly doomguy93

I've been diagnosed with ADHD since the age of 8. I don't consider it at all an "illness" but it is a chemical imbalance, thus a deficiency of what I believe it's called "dopamine." It depends on how bad it is. Some people have really severe cases of ADHD. I used to be very hyper when I was young, but now I'm 20 years old and I'm not hyper anymore. Why is that? It's because I matured. The only thing I struggle with is concentrating on things (specifically school work) but I do my best to find ways to achieve excellent grades by disciplining myself.

Medication isn't always needed to combat ADHD (or ADD). A proper healthy diet and exercise can help balance the chemicals in the human brain. This goes with most other so called "disorders" such as depression.

I'm very skeptical with the rise in autism. I do believe that the condition exists, but I believe that it is being over diagnosed in children now a days. Especially regarding the asperger's syndrome aspect of autism.

Old Post 02-16-14 05:42 #
the_miano is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doomtodeath
Mini-Member

Mild autism, Bi-Polarism and OCD. :(

Last edited by Doomtodeath on 02-16-14 at 12:18

Old Post 02-16-14 12:10 #
Doomtodeath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
HumanBones

Periods of anxiety that bring on physical symptoms; when it first started happening, I would experience some pretty weird dream-like moments that would hit me like getting shocked in the head. Maybe they were panic attacks, I'm not sure - but they used to dehydrate me and I almost passed out during the taping of a Jerry Springer show.

I don't know how I got control over those, but I was fine for about a year afterwards. Then for about six months I had the constant urge to piss, whether I had just gone or not. It got to the point where I just figured I'd have that going on forever, I got so used to the feeling. Using the bathroom 10-12 times a day was not a lot of fun. What I found got me out of all of that stuff was finding a steady job and eating healthier/exercising. Amazing what your mind can do to your body if you let it.

Old Post 02-18-14 06:08 #
HumanBones is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gokuma
picnic bench lord

I have Temporal Ĉonic Displacement Syndrome, also known as TĈDS.

Old Post 02-18-14 08:20 #
Sokoro

You have syndrome of posting shit which no one wants to read, Gokuma.
or was it supposed to be funny?

Old Post 02-18-14 14:13 #
Sokoro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gokuma
picnic bench lord

I'm alright. It's not fatal but it is chronological.

Old Post 02-23-14 01:26 #
jazzmaster9

I think i have moderate OCD, it comes and goes.

Old Post 02-25-14 10:39 #
jazzmaster9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
axdoom1

I think I'm becoming dyslexic. When I write on paper, I sometimes flip two letters in a word.

For instance, the word "wiesel" may become "weisel", the word "erroneous" may become "erronoeus", "subsequently" may become "subsqueently", and so on...

Old Post 02-26-14 23:37 #
axdoom1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
machoman127
Green Marine

I,m freaked out by mimes, can't stand them even on TV. Clowns are OK
though (barely).

Old Post 02-27-14 11:38 #
machoman127 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doomtodeath
Mini-Member

machoman127 said:
I,m freaked out by mimes, can't stand them even on TV. Clowns are OK
though (barely).

Does a phobia count as a mental disorder..?

Old Post 02-27-14 16:32 #
Doomtodeath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
joe-ilya
Nescient Member

Heh, heh. 69 votes... whatever.
I like having fun numbers and I always point out when I see a funny number.

Old Post 02-27-14 17:15 #
joe-ilya is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gokuma
picnic bench lord

I have frost giant psychosis.

Old Post 02-28-14 04:11 #