Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > PANOPHOBIA - Community Project (Let's get this going again shall we! )
Pages (15): « First ... « 12 13 14 [15]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:55. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MajorRawne

Get something pretty like red or blue. Can I have the E1M1 sky for Acid Reign, or are we doing the one-sky-per-episode thing?

Old Post 05-09-14 13:37 #
MajorRawne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dobu gabu maru

I think the only way to add another custom sky in a boom-comp wad is to use sky transfers, and to do that you can't tag the outside areas with any other number (for instance, your lifts in the Nirvana area would need the tag of the sky transfer action, not a lift action, so they'd no longer work as lifts - I just realized you can make a separate but similar skybox for those with the lift tag, so yeah it can work. We just need to add the texture).

And IMO I think the dull gray sky fits the wad well since the Running Scared segments primarily use a gray floor and red rock wall, so having the E1 -> E3 progression go from gray to red fits thematically. Perhaps going from gray -> gray with some red -> the current E3 sky we have now would offer a little more variety, but I think veering outside that color scheme will clash with the unsettling mood we've built throughout the project.

Old Post 05-09-14 19:14 #
dobu gabu maru is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MajorRawne

If I have to adjust one more sector tag in that fething map I'll wet my trousers. So I'll stick with whatever sky is chosen. We really do need to replace the existing one though, as mentioned earlier it is ugly and doesn't give the impression of anything other than some kind of fault displaying the texture.

Old Post 05-09-14 20:30 #
MajorRawne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dobu gabu maru

Played Temple of the Water God--it's alright, although a lot of enemies can be bypassed. I think the best thing about the map is that it feels really adventurous, having you explore a lot of different places and climbing across the terrain. Thematically I think it's your best map, although perhaps Acid Reign plays better.

Old Post 05-11-14 00:08 #
dobu gabu maru is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MajorRawne

I've revised the Cyberdemon fight with more land and more plasma, reduced the number of Lost Souls and replaced one Pain Elemental. I think i had speedrunning in mind when I started the map, but being able to bypass some fights is a side effect of this being an exploration map. I did make the Cacos near the beginning teleport close to the player. The water map is nearly done, just needs some fixes in Boom.

EDIT:

Many of the maps in this megawad seem to play like entrants for Slaughterfest and there are a few maps where you're crammed in with one or more Cyberdemons. The gameplay in my maps is closer to traditional style and they're much easier to beat, though still tough.

WELCOME TO HELL
* Now finished.

ACID REIGN
* Needs minor edits to areas with blank walls and needs more lighting variation, but essentially finished.

TEMPLE OF FORGOTTEN GODS
* Numerous revisions to lowering walls in order to make the map run properly in Boom.
* The canyon area (with all the Lost Souls) now has a wall around the teleporter, forcing the player to fight through the monsters to get to the switch, then come back again (avoiding geometry changes as they do so!).
* Added walls around teleporters in the water near the Silver Road area. These walls lower as the player reaches pre-defined points in the map. This prevents the player from cutting out entire sections of the map (at the risk of huge health loss) and forces the player to follow the Silver Road, which is an extremely dangerous place to be.
* More extensive geometry changes to the final arena with the exit; half of it now sinks into the water.
* Shrunk the exit and added Monsters Cannot Cross to make it harder to run past the Knights.
* Added and dispersed ammo in the final area so you have to risk falling off or getting cornered to get it.
* Blocking thing hanging over player's path in final arena is gone.

NIGHTMARE IN SPIDERLAND
* All brown water changed to blue; some dirt floors changed to rugged grass; map now follows a "natural" colour scheme of brown-blue-green, instead of looking like a colon.
* More rockets added around the starting area, encouraging exploration (while under crossfire) and backtracking, and relieving some of the pressure on the chaingun.
* All shotguns and shotgun shells removed from the map.
* Significant teleporter traps added.
* One Spider Mastermind removed from Madman's Bluff to avoid them killing each other.

RUNNING SCARED #1
* In progress.

RUNNING SCARED #2
* In progress.

Last edited by MajorRawne on 05-11-14 at 15:01

Old Post 05-11-14 08:53 #