Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Doomworld Mega Project 2014 - 15 maps - 59 mappers
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 7 [8]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:36. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Solid Snake

got the demo recording working but it wont let me idclev to level 10 for some reason. How do i get a demo to record from your level?

Old Post 07-07-14 15:53 #
Solid Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fellowzdoomer
Forum Regular

Add -warp 10 at the end

Optional

-skill (1 - 5)

Old Post 07-07-14 16:00 #
Fellowzdoomer is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

-file (wad file here) -record (Demo name) -warp 10 -skill 4

I think.

Old Post 07-07-14 16:01 #
mrthejoshmon is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fellowzdoomer
Forum Regular

No not skill 4. Skill 4 is MURDER!!!

Old Post 07-07-14 16:03 #
Fellowzdoomer is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Solid Snake

So i finally did it on skill 4 :P here's the fda https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8glwd479j0365s/cohfdass.lmp

Some suggestions and stuff: That elevator at the beginning where zombieman comes down looks weird, remove the lower or upper unpegged flag from the front of the elevator, that way it comes down as a decent elevator should.

Then theres the door texture (door that leads to the barons and cybs) thats a bit misaligned i suggest center it some more so it looks better, same thing when it turns into an uac door. Also at the cybie area that same door has some detail on top https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6us0ae36...%2016.56.36.png do something with that too, looks weird.

Mark this thing as a secret https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9kwa2a02...%2016.59.54.png and perhaps change the texture inside? https://www.dropbox.com/s/3n5tetwws...%2017.00.05.png

Bottom of the doors look really dumb with their gray texture, i suggest changing that to some brown texture so it fits the door better: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9mcooq5o1...%2016.58.22.png

This thing looks a bit out of place https://www.dropbox.com/s/op4oyin4x...%2016.56.04.png

The teleport looks weird with that misaligned texture and since you can't align textures on floors and ceilings isuggest choosing a different texture maybe.

Also pain elemental is stuck.

Some texture choices especially when you teleport and everything changes are pretty bad imo, i suggest choosing some better matches.

Screenshots are made with zdoom and from a previous version but i noticed same problems in the final version too.

Otherwise it's a cool map, had a really nice challenge, in the end i suggest adding some ammo maybe, as you can see from the fda i died one time because i was out of ammo there. Also if you don't have damaging floor maybe don't go with the lava texture, choose some more mild liquid maybe i don't know.

Old Post 07-07-14 16:51 #
Solid Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Solid Snake

Important update: my wad (Rage) is vanilla compatible after all so that can be changed in the main post. Had a dude from the forums testing it and he found it out. When it was halfway done it crashed at chocolate doom so for no reason it works now fully. Also did many tweaks, texture alignment, retexturing, added some detail among other stuff but it still retains the oldschool feel. For vanilla only way i know how to change music is to replace the original music in doom2.wad, that means changing the track name to D_RUNNIN, is that allowed? Since 1 map slot is used for 1 map i don't think it's such a big deal.

Old Post 07-10-14 20:19 #
Fellowzdoomer
Forum Regular

You just supply a track and let ToD do the rest...

Though it looks as if not many are interested in the project this year, and people aren't subbing for ToD like I am so... I guess until ToD swims from the murky waters of boredom I'll be subbing ...

Old Post 07-11-14 04:47 #
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

I'm not bored and you're not subbing.

Old Post 07-11-14 05:16 #
TimeOfDeath is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Solid Snake

Also for better zdoom compability i left mapinfo in, still works in vanilla with that there, mapinfo has par time, no crouch, no jump and a map name. Anyone know how to change name of the level and include par times in vanilla? Not such a big deal but still would be cool.

Also take notice that in my map, even shitty keyboard players are taken into account so for experienced mouse and keyboard players this map may seem not so though because of health packs after big fights especially on medium and easy skill theres many health packs. This map has been tested on every skill level on doom2.exe and zdoom with keyboard and mouse and keyboard only so i guess i can say this map is pretty solid by now. I mean those textures are aligned :P but still if you notice something odd let me now.

Last edited by Solid Snake on 07-11-14 at 13:55

Old Post 07-11-14 13:00 #
Fellowzdoomer
Forum Regular

TimeOfDeath said:
I'm not bored and you're not subbing.

Twas a bad joke.

You're alive, though!

Old Post 07-11-14 15:57 #
Solid Snake

hey zdoomer you saw the post about your map? Anything wrong with mine?

Old Post 07-11-14 16:05 #
Fellowzdoomer
Forum Regular

I had 2hp before the whole shotgunner cages. I shot 3 of em and one shot me just as Iwas sneaking up on his jail cell. I had a good laugh over that one (after confusion of course.) I have the fda, didn't find nothing wrong. Ill post it up.

Also, snake, I'm redoing the end (it was crap.) Also, I'm suprised you didn't find the hell texture in a base problem.

EDIT: I never put a pain elemental.

EDIT 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?yrz10k8z6sem984

Old Post 07-11-14 16:12 #
Solid Snake

Well thanks for the fda, i did find many things wrong :P Ive since updated the map, did you play on medium, i saw ther5es many monsters missing, fixed that too.

Old Post 07-11-14 16:56 #
Fellowzdoomer
Forum Regular

I dunno LOL. I added something that I don't think is in any other map but mine. You'll see...oi

Old Post 07-11-14 18:45 #
Solid Snake

Important note for chocolate doom users about rage. You need to set your music device native midi or GUS(emulated) otherwise the map will freeze at the start in doom2.exe it works fine, i don't know what's the problem but i have had this same problem multiple times before i think i even made a post about it, if anyone knows the solution please tell me.

Old Post 07-13-14 20:13 #