Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > TAS (tools-assisted) demos
Pages (16): « First ... « 13 14 15 [16]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:17. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ProGamerX56
Green Marine

Nice run shock.
Following your footsteps.

Old Post 02-17-14 20:00 #
ProGamerX56 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
4shockblast
Turbo Speed

What are the conditions required for getting a linedef skip? I am trying to build a linedef skip for the yellow key on map 3 of Unholy Realms (for a new movie), and it seems that, regardless of my speed, momentum, or position, I almost certainly activate the linedef, and I only got one successful, ugly-looking skip.

Attached are two demos, one where I get the skip, and another where I am running faster at the linedef, and the skip still doesn't work (also my tangent momentum is 0).

Also, my map 01 is .40, but I couldn't find any significant optimizations. :/

Attachment: 03ur.zip
This has been downloaded 7 time(s).

Old Post 03-28-14 05:49 #
4shockblast is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
vdgg
MM2 maniac

I always get them by coincidence :) No rules apparently. This may be of help

Old Post 03-28-14 06:14 #
vdgg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
4shockblast
Turbo Speed

vdgg said:
I always get them by coincidence :) No rules apparently. This may be of help

Yeah, for whatever reason, I was only able to get any success by sliding alongside the wall. The strange thing is that I am not wallrunning when I skip the linedef, and, moreover, I actually have to slow down in order to skip it. In the attempt here, I have a MF38 SR 50 tic on the skip, and if I have anything higher than MF38, I don't skip the glide, even though I'm moving faster. In my newer, slightly faster skip, likewise, I need a MF17 SR50 tic on the skip in order to get it. This really does seem very random; I wonder if there's any explanation in the source code.

Old Post 03-28-14 22:39 #
4shockblast is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

I've always thought that to skip a linedef you have to cross it kind of between the tics, if that makes any sense. Like, at one tic you haven't crossed it yet and at the next one you've already did. Doom's eyes blinked just at the right moment. :)

Old Post 03-28-14 23:45 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
4shockblast
Turbo Speed

Memfis said:
I've always thought that to skip a linedef you have to cross it kind of between the tics, if that makes any sense. Like, at one tic you haven't crossed it yet and at the next one you've already did. Doom's eyes blinked just at the right moment. :)

I did also try to optimize the cross. In my attempts, I just barely do not cross the linedef on one tic (less than a half a unit away from it), and the next tic I'm over it. But even at a speed of over 18 units per tic I couldn't get a skip. Maybe the RNG also plays some part, but I don't see why it would.

Old Post 03-29-14 00:31 #
4shockblast
Turbo Speed

By the way, here is my slightly faster skip, in case anyone wants to see it (with map 3 exit). Done pretty much the same way, just a bit earlier.

Don't add any of these demos to the DSDA.

Attachment: 03ur2.zip
This has been downloaded 4 time(s).

Old Post 03-29-14 00:54 #
4shockblast
Turbo Speed

Origwad Pacifist TAS in 0:01.94.

Edit: Going back to the old Origwad demos thread, Gusta had already mentioned the possibility of an imp thingrun; still, strange that a demo never materialized until now.

Attachment: origx194.zip
This has been downloaded 5 time(s).

Last edited by 4shockblast on 04-20-14 at 07:51

Old Post 04-20-14 07:39 #
4shockblast
Turbo Speed

Mockery Pacifist TAS in 0:02.69. Also includes the alternate wallrun jump route in 0:02.69. This should replace my old built demos in the DSDA (which were my first built demos), as those demos are also included in this zip. The old times were 0:02.83 for standard route and 0:02.97 for the alternate route.

Attachment: mockx269.zip
This has been downloaded 2 time(s).

Old Post 06-07-14 04:55 #
Looper

Doom E1M1 in 7 seconds! Yay!

Attachment: b1t1x786.zip
This has been downloaded 33 time(s).

Old Post 06-23-14 22:22 #
Looper is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
4shockblast
Turbo Speed

Looper said:
Doom E1M1 in 7 seconds! Yay!

Nice! When I saw your 8.20, I thought that maybe there could be more wallruns to the first door, but I didn't feel that I could pull it off. Good job.

Old Post 06-23-14 23:36 #
Looper

Scythe map18 uv-speed/paci in 2.97

Attachment: sc18x002.zip
This has been downloaded 18 time(s).

Old Post 07-05-14 13:18 #
Looper is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
4shockblast
Turbo Speed

Doom 2 the Way id Did map 07 UV Max in 0:49.94. Also Reality.

Attachment: id07x049.zip
This has been downloaded 8 time(s).

Old Post 07-10-14 16:13 #
4shockblast
Turbo Speed

Perdition's Gate Map 14 Nomo in 0:04.66. Also includes my previous TAS demos and comments, so this should replace my current DSDA TAS. Not sure if it's at all realistic to get an instant glide in the air from an angle, but without something like that, 3 doesn't look very realistic.

Attachment: pg14x466.zip
This has been downloaded 3 time(s).

Old Post 07-19-14 19:48 #