Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > NOVA: The Birth - undergoing bugfixing for v1.1 release, courtesy of Plums!
Pages (58): « First ... « 55 56 57 [58]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:48. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mrthejoshmon

plums said:
No worries, I got it.
Ah, thanks!

Just as a side note, I was planning on adding more items around in DM (like some more shotguns, ammo and bonuses) but if you think it is fine as it is then don't worry about that.

Old Post 07-24-14 00:25 #
mrthejoshmon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
plums

I have literally no idea about DM balance, so I wouldn't feel comfortable making changes like that myself. perhaps nub_hat or someone else could comment.

If you want to change the map in that regard, I'd say wait for the next beta update (should be in the next day or two) and then make updates on that. If you're bandwidth-limited I can also post your map only in a separate file.

Old Post 07-24-14 00:41 #
plums is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jaws In Space

If Odamex Nitro # 150 is anything to go by, then only maps 15, 17, 18, 25, 27, 28, & 30 are subpar as far as DM is concerned.

I'll take care of redoing maps 25 & 30, both of which I was responsible for. So once you finish up plums go ahead & send me a copy so I can take care of those maps.

Old Post 07-24-14 03:19 #
Jaws In Space is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kildeth

mrthejoshmon said:
Damn, I will get to it!

(The SSG DM only secret was a wee bit of a dick move on my part, I think we should not tag it as secret though so there is a chance for people to still not know about it/make it easier to 100% for newer or less patient players)

EDIT: I actually can't fix that myself, if I remember correctly somebody else tweaked the DM on my map (Thus I don't have the same version archived as you guys do :/)

Yeah I agree, leave it as a non-secret easter eggy type thing. It seems more special that way for some reason.

Old Post 07-24-14 05:54 #
kildeth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
plums

Seems my fix for MAP17 in NOVA11b1 did break demo compatibility after all. Going to spend some time seeing if I can come up with a solution that is not too hacky.

All other reported bugs are fixed I think.

Old Post 07-24-14 18:32 #
plums is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
plums

NOVA 1.1 beta2: https://www.mediafire.com/?uc04isdqbzqruvn get b3 from the post below instead.

As per before, this has only been mildly tested. My plan, now that Crispy Doom should support NOVA fully, it to have a run through it over the next little while, testing both things at once. If no one reports any problems in that time, and I don't find anything myself, I'll call it fit for release.

I've engineered a solution for the stuck door in MAP17 that still preserves compatibility with Veinen's demo (no guarantees for other demos). It's a bit of a hack - in complevel 2, the problematic door will stay open now. If this is acceptable to EvilNed and kildeth, then good; otherwise I will fix it the "normal" way and lose demo compatibility. (Actually I've just realized my solution is incomplete. Will do a better fix soon. Same idea though.)
Ignore all that, I have a much better solution with dummy sectors. I want to test it a bit more before posting, but it looks like it works fine for demo compatibility while restoring proper complevel 2 behaviour.

I believe this version fixes all problems with DM starts, but that's another thing that could use more thorough testing.

Changes since b1:

MAP03
  • SSG available in single player.
  • Rocket launcher (thing 172, MP only) changed to plasma rifle.

MAP07
  • Exit door can be opened from inside, for DM.

MAP10
  • Deleted DM start from inside exit sector. (Thing still exists, but with no flags, for demo compatibility.)

MAP14
  • Secret sector moved from 480 to 488 (teleport destination sector).

MAP17
  • Fixed complevel 2 door while preserving demo compatibility with Veinen's demo. See above notes.
  • Removed some of the unnecessary linedef actions on linedefs 3897 etc., per previous update.

Dehacked
  • Both Doom-format and Boom-format Dehacked string lumps are included. Ports that can read the Boom-format will do so, ports that can't will fall back to the Doom-format one. Works on all ports I've tried it on so far, but more tests with lesser-used ports would be nice.

Last edited by plums on 07-25-14 at 10:10

Old Post 07-25-14 04:45 #
plums

Couldn't sleep, and my better fix for MAP17 turned out to work easily, so here's 1.1 beta3: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u...p0/NOVA11b3.zip

The fix for MAP17 is a lot less ugly; there's an extra dummy sector off to the side of that door, but unless you use IDDT or open a map editor you're not likely to notice. Hopefully this is OK with EvilNed & kildeth. Everything else behaves as it should, and this is likely to be compatible with any demos recorded on the 1.0 version thus far.

I also tweaked the formatting on the text files, and added the credits to MAP14's music.

Also, am I correct in assuming that MAP29's music was arranged by Paul D, since he's the one that posted the correction for it?

Old Post 07-25-14 10:09 #
kildeth

I'm ok with it if you're satisfied plums. Here's what Paul D had to say about Map29's soundtrack, and also Map31 if you missed it:

Map 29's track is "Castle Cimmeria" theme from the Lands Of Lore: Throne of Chaos soundtrack, Composed by Frank Klepacki, Paul S. Mudra & Dwight K. Okahara

Map 31's midi is actually "ohno2.mid", "quickfast.mid" was not used in Nova, but it was used in dobu gabu maru's standalone map (the one he made for nova, and decided it was too big so released it on its own)

Not sure if this means Paul D arranged the soundtrack though. You could always just credit the composers I suppose.

Old Post 07-25-14 10:31 #
kildeth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
plums

I did see that, but I don't know if Lands of Lore has a MIDI soundtrack, or if someone made an arrangement of the music, and who if so. Well, it's credited to Paul D for now...

edit: Looks like it was ripped from the game. Attribution fixed in the text file, but I'm not going to re-upload just for that.

Last edited by plums on 07-25-14 at 11:36

Old Post 07-25-14 11:26 #