Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > PrBoom-Plus, ver. 2.5.1.3
Pages (74): « First ... « 71 72 73 [74]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:27. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Well, I sure would be glad to see a longtics hack for -complevel 9!

Old Post 08-18-14 09:57 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

Not sure if I've brought this issue up already, but I got reminded of it in a loosely related conversation...

The increased FOV in widescreen resolutions leaves dead zones at the sides of the screen where the BFG cone doesn't extend to. Classic HUD naturally marks the ends of the cone, but nowadays with Boom HUDs and no HUDs and extended HUDs, I thought perhaps some sort of toggleable indents at the top and the bottom of the screen could help players keep the targets in the killzone.

I brought this issue up with Zdaemon and Odamex devs some time ago, but I'm not sure it was a top priority for them... :(

Old Post 08-19-14 23:46 #
dew is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
entryway
Forum Staple

can't understand. screenshots?

Old Post 08-20-14 13:20 #
entryway is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mike.Reiner

He's talking about the kill radius when a BFG Ball explodes in the player's field of vision. It of course also will damage enemies the player can see at the same time. The classic status bar's ends serve as a marker for us to ensure that an enemy is inside the 'kill zone' when playing in widescreen. I think he just wants a line or something to exist where the edges of the classic status bar would be when using say.. the boom hud.

Old Post 08-24-14 18:27 #
Mike.Reiner is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
entryway
Forum Staple

Thanks for explanation.

Old Post 08-26-14 13:26 #
entryway is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

Oh crap, I forgot I posted here, sorry. Mike explained it correctly, but it doesn't have to be a line drawn over the entire screen, it can be just a small marker at the bottom/top of the screen.

Old Post 08-26-14 13:43 #
dew is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote