Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > DOOM RETRO v1.5.2 (updated August 15, 2014)
Pages (12): « First ... « 9 10 11 [12]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:49. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
40oz
Forum Spammer

I have a Logitech F310 gamepad and I already mapped my desired controls to keyboard and mouse with an external program. Is there a way to disable joystick on this port? I'm having a lot of conflicting issues when I try to play with my game pad.

just wanna say I was a little skeptical of this port at first when all the changes like 3/4 gamma correction, desaturated pallete, brightmaps, and blood splatters were on by default. I think in time I'll grow to like it though :)

Old Post 08-17-14 15:04 #
40oz is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Average

Hey Brad, I actually do have it set to leftshoulder and rightshoulder. I'm not sure where the conflict lies... I'll try a new cfg file and see if that helps.

I'm glad I'm not irritating you with all my requests. I can imagine how it could get annoying with all the "can I, can I, can I..." posts that I've made! Regardless, of what you've implemented (or not!) it's still my go-to 'vanilla' port. I can't tell you how much I love the controller and rumble support. My poor wrist injury is very thankful for your work! :)

EDIT: Possible bug. If I load DR with the -nosound flag the game crashes at the title screen. Does DR even use such a flag and I'm just being stupid?!

Last edited by Average on 08-17-14 at 18:29

Old Post 08-17-14 18:11 #
Average is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
bradharding

40oz said:
I have a Logitech F310 gamepad and I already mapped my desired controls to keyboard and mouse with an external program. Is there a way to disable joystick on this port? I'm having a lot of conflicting issues when I try to play with my game pad.

Actually, no. There's no option to disable gamepads. I didn't consider this situation. I'll implement a "-nogamepad" cmdline option then.

just wanna say I was a little skeptical of this port at first when all the changes like 3/4 gamma correction, desaturated pallete, brightmaps, and blood splatters were on by default. I think in time I'll grow to like it though :)

If all those features were off by default, then DR would be just like every other source port! :P

Average said:
Hey Brad, I actually do have it set to leftshoulder and rightshoulder. I'm not sure where the conflict lies... I'll try a new cfg file and see if that helps.

Hmm... I'll look into it more at this end as well. Thanks.

I'm glad I'm not irritating you with all my requests. I can imagine how it could get annoying with all the "can I, can I, can I..." posts that I've made! Regardless, of what you've implemented (or not!) it's still my go-to 'vanilla' port. I can't tell you how much I love the controller and rumble support. My poor wrist injury is very thankful for your work! :)

I'm glad you like it. I'm very happy with how it's turned out.

EDIT: Possible bug. If I load DR with the -nosound flag the game crashes at the title screen. Does DR even use such a flag and I'm just being stupid?!

Thanks for this. There is such a cmdline option, and it certainly shouldn't cause a crash.

Old Post 08-17-14 21:21 #
bradharding is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
VGA
Mini-Member

Can you please try this wad out?
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mo...ill-l1-complex/

It stops with a blockmap error for me.

Old Post 08-31-14 20:04 #
VGA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
plums

That map uses ZDBSP extended nodes, which probably aren't supported in Doom Retro. (Nor Crispy Doom.)

There are also some other weird things in this wad that mean it probably won't work properly outside of PrBoom+ or ZDoom. (Non power-of-two texture widths, spaces in lump names?, ogg music, etc.)

Old Post 08-31-14 21:54 #
plums is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
bradharding

VGA said:
Can you please try this wad out?
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mo...ill-l1-complex/

It stops with a blockmap error for me.

Looks like a nice wad to play, but yes, as plums said... it uses ZDBSP extended nodes, which are beyond Doom Retro's level of support (I'll be getting BOOM compatibility in before I consider supporting ZDoom's stuff - if at all). I guess the statement that this one requires a "limit removing" source port is wrong.

Old Post 09-01-14 08:28 #
bradharding is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
plums

Well, PrBoom+ and Eternity support ZDBSP extended nodes, and I think 3DGE can handle maps like that because it rebuilds its own nodes anyhow. So it's not exactly a ZDoom-specific feature/mapset. But it's definitely not a wad that's meant to play in any limit-removing port, and I can see not wanting to support such large maps as a priority, if at all.

Old Post 09-01-14 09:30 #
plums is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote