Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Doomworld Mega Project 2014 - 18 maps - 62 mappers
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 8 [9]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:17. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MFG38

It just happened so conveniently that I started designing a map yesterday, so why not.

Old Post 09-04-14 07:46 #
MFG38 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
tourniquet

sgt dopey said:

The map is called "Der hölle rache"

Proper german spelling would be "Rache der Hölle" or "Die Rache der Hölle"

Old Post 09-04-14 14:09 #
tourniquet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sgt dopey

tourniquet said:

Proper german spelling would be "Rache der Hölle" or "Die Rache der Hölle"

Oh thanks, changing it now

Old Post 09-04-14 14:15 #
sgt dopey is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
EffinghamHuffnagel

Would that require a custom CWILVxx graphic for the map name, or does the German version of Doom have additional font characters with umlauts? Because that would be handy to have.

Old Post 09-04-14 17:11 #
EffinghamHuffnagel is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
tourniquet

EffinghamHuffnagel said:
does the German version of Doom have additional font characters with umlauts?

I doubt it. But you could use "oe" it's equivalent to "ö".

Old Post 09-04-14 17:21 #
tourniquet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
walter confalonieri

nice short map, philnemba... played with gzdoom don't found any serious bug...

Old Post 09-04-14 17:37 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
obake

My entry, which goes into the zdoom portion, is complete:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/o...maa6o/stein.zip

The map is titled "Steinbrained"

I'm interested in hearing what you all think! :)

Old Post 09-04-14 17:38 #
obake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sector666

sgt dopey said:
The map is called ""Rache der Hölle""

I diggle those screens.

I was going to ask why there was a 4 on the ceiling in the second screen but then I realized it was just decoration, heh.

Old Post 09-04-14 18:51 #
sector666 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Philnemba

obake said:
The map is titled "Steinbrained"

I'm interested in hearing what you all think! :)

Decided to give it a whirl even through I'm not big on Zdoom wads heres a couple of things I notice that might needs fixing:

- The small decorate monsters are TOO SMALL you think you could make em bigger...especially those tiny black skulls that shoot purple fire.

- The red barrier bars can easily be strafed through so I ended up bypassing certain sections of the map.

walter confalonieri said:
nice short map, philnemba... played with gzdoom don't found any serious bug...

Thanks Walter :)

Old Post 09-04-14 19:26 #
Philnemba is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
obake

Philnemba said:
Decided to give it a whirl even through I'm not big on Zdoom wads heres a couple of things I notice that might needs fixing:

- The small decorate monsters are TOO SMALL you think you could make em bigger...especially those tiny black skulls that shoot purple fire.

I can certainly edit them for the next version.

Philnemba said:

- The red barrier bars can easily be strafed through so I ended up bypassing certain sections of the map.

Hmmm...
I'm guessing this is an issue with a different source port.
Those barriers shouldn't be passable without the aid of noclip, since they are repeating force fields.

I'll still look more into this, though.

Thanks for the review!

Old Post 09-06-14 16:22 #
obake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Philnemba

obake said:
Hmmm...
I'm guessing this is an issue with a different source port.

I was using the latest version of Zdoom(2.7.1) since the map crashes on Zandronum.

Old Post 09-06-14 18:47 #
Philnemba is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
obake

the_miano said:
I apologize if I am blowing up everyone's notifications on this thread, but I've made some updates on my map: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9...oomguy93_v2.zip

**Bug Fixed Version**
New Sectors
333 enemies
3 secrets
Enemies throughout the map aren't alerted by a player shooting
New sky patch (DG93SKY1)
MAPINFO lump added into pwad

I would like to make a version 3 that incorporates plums's excellent suggestions regarding the polyobjects aspect of having horizontally sliding doors and having the exit door locked until the cyberdemon gets killed.

Other than that, disregard the old version and the sounds in the pwad.

I hope you guys like it.

I thought I'd give a little review.

It's a cool map, with its Wolfenstein-like layout, its use of textures, the secrets (especially the weird laboratory with the pentagram and monster cages.)

The weapon/ammo balance is very well done, as is the amount of health pickups.

One thing I would suggest is implementing more differences in the difficulties, especially the easy modes. I would personally cut the amount of monsters down by at least twenty or thirty, but it's your choice, of course.

Overall, I like the map a lot.

Old Post 09-10-14 16:26 #
obake

I should be adding an updated version of my map fairly soon, at least tonight or tomorrow.

Among the changes, I have added a few BtsxEp2 textures, along with credits to their designers. Hopefully no one minds.

(On another note, I have been playing through Btsx 2, and will give feedback at some point on the Megawad Club thread.)

Old Post 09-11-14 18:37 #
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

obake, I don't think btsx textures are allowed in other wads, fyi.

Old Post 09-11-14 18:46 #
TimeOfDeath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tarnsman
Forum Regular

They're not.

Old Post 09-12-14 01:18 #
Tarnsman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
obake

Voila! Version 2 of my map is complete and ready to be playtested:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/g...iy01/marcv2.zip

The Btsx textures have been removed, and are replaced with textures from a pack on Realm667, with credits to their creator, Cage, included.

I did make the skull sprites just a tiny bit bigger, and made it so important areas of the map can't simply be bypassed*

Have fun. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

*I had goofed. There was no difference in the source ports. I was simply running FORWARD into the lasers rather than strafing sideways through them, which is possible. I'm glad you pointed that out, Philnemba. :)

Old Post 09-13-14 04:55 #
Scypek2

Okay, I finished the map I've been working on!

http://i.imgur.com/5gf9f49l.png

I'm not sure if it's the best screenshot I could take, but I don't want to spoil too much either. The map contains:
- New textures
- New weapons
- New enemies with new sprites
- A plot of sorts.

So there! Check it out.

Old Post 09-18-14 12:46 #
Scypek2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scifista42

@Scypek2: Actually an enjoyable piece of madness, it has just about the right length and good sense of progression. I've got stuck in the room right behind yellow door (the one on your screenshot). I was consequently killing Scypek clones in windows, but then one of the windows refused to open and I had to use noclip, I believe there's an error. And the exit is gunshot-activated? Well, okay.

Old Post 09-18-14 13:39 #
scifista42 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Scypek2

I just updated the map. The somewhat pointless after-boss room was dummied out and I prevented the clones in windows from obstructing gunshot triggers (A bug that would rarely happen requiring the player to shoot empty windows).

Old Post 09-18-14 16:30 #
Scypek2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

http://i.imgur.com/I9fGGw4.png where to go?????

Old Post 09-18-14 17:06 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Keyboard_Doomer
Mini-Member

Memfis said:
http://i.imgur.com/I9fGGw4.png where to go?????

What version of (G)ZDoom are you using? The door to progress in the map cannot be opened in the latest development versions of GZDoom, it seems. In the stable 1.8.2 it works correctly.

Also, if I try to run the wad in the stable ZDoom in fullscreen it doesn't load any graphics and I can't see anything from the game. Might be because I'm running it through WINE on Linux but I've never had this problem before.

Old Post 09-18-14 17:51 #
Keyboard_Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Scypek2

this is really weird, I'm pretty sure this door is identical to the ones before.

Old Post 09-18-14 20:05 #
joe-ilya

I pretty much have my map sketched for this, gonna work on it soon.

Old Post 09-18-14 20:47 #
joe-ilya is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomkid

All these maps are looking awesome... Methinks this is gonna be the best DWMP yet!

Old Post 09-19-14 10:28 #
Doomkid is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
joe-ilya

https://www.mediafire.com/?jovcoz4n2ozbzz0

A vanilla map entitled "Rock Bottom"
I want the sky to be on the whole episode this is featured on.

Old Post 09-20-14 19:44 #
joe-ilya is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote