Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > DOOM II demos [-complevel 2]
Pages (4): « 1 2 3 [4]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:03. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ZeroMaster010
Warming Up

Thanks again,

youtube video already got 300+ views, that was quick, my plutonia run is still just above a 100 ^^

anyways, I'll make a decission for what WAD to run next in some weeks time I think, because I need to figure out just how good the different runs are. I'm not sure I would want to dedicate too much time to for example TNT since the run is almost twice as long as doom 2. And since I don't really start doing single segment attempts before I have every single corner of the game figured out, I fear it would require a lot of time. So, if I figure out I could put much less effort into any of the wads and still get close to the record then that might motivate me.

For example, I already know of map 17 (glide) and 21 can save a lot of time on TNT, but all the :) you put in the 30ev4434 txt scares me a bit j4rio :D

I also want to try some nightmare, this time I might be a bit more prepared for it compared to last time which was pretty much the first time I used mouse for doom.

Then there are PWADS like memento mori and scythe... currently doing my casual playthrough of MM... and I can't find my way out of map 4, lol. E3 of scythe looks really annoying for a speedrun, but at least the wad is quite short.

So in summary, it will depend on how much time I want and need to invest to learn the run or I might instead put that effort towards improving doom2\plutonia times instead.

Old Post 11-17-14 21:11 #
ZeroMaster010 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kotzugi

Worst timing ever I guess, but could somebody please tell me why demos desync when I go: prboom-plus -playdemo doom2-demo.wad -iwad d:/wads/DOOM2.WAD? (I have 2.5.1.3)

Secondly, I watched about half of your demo on YT Zero Master and, well, congratulations on a fabulous run. :) Seriously those rocket jumps, just as one example, blew me away, hehe. How strange that your Plutonia run hardly gets any attention though.

It almost seems as if j4rio is slipping away under the radar as a result though - getting a bunch of UV-Maxes even now is really impressive. And that's why I really want to fix the desync :P

Old Post 11-20-14 15:50 #
Kotzugi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote