Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > One Nation, NOT Under God, Indivisible
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 6 [7]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:44. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
stphrz
I use a blowtorch to make crme brle

Little Faith said:

Yeah, and why then do Israel occupy Palestine in the first place? You guessed it, Greed.

Absolutely. Isreal has been building settlements on Palestinian land for some time now.

Old Post 07-03-02 20:39 #
stphrz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

Doom-Child said:
deadnail, once again you astound and amaze. Had I a hat, it would be in my lap (whatever the hell that means).

DC

To cover your erection? :)

You are my opponent, but not my enemy, for your resistance gives me strength. Your will gives me courage. Your spirit ennobles me. And, although I aim to defeat you, should I succeed, I will not humiliate you, instead I will honour you..For without you, I am a lesser man.

Old Post 07-03-02 21:09 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Marauder

Well said Deadnail, and remind me never ever to get in a debate with you.

As for Danarchist, I can agree with his rules fairly well. But I'm afraid that evangelism's under freedom of speech. Then again, even I sometimes wish it weren't. Some people talk to you about religion, and you come away feeling like you've been hit on by your less preferable gender.
Most people I know feel quite secure in their religion(into which I group atheism, since it's a view on God), but there are people out there who aren't secure - and that's who evangelists are looking for. They really don't have a way of determining who is in that group, so they ask everyone. Granted, they should take hints and get outta dodge faster, but they are invariably people of conviction. It's their character type.

As for religion, I see it like the law sees most other actions: You're free to do it, as long as you hurt no one and don't put others at risk. Otherwise, you've overstepped your bounds. That's generally the rule of thumb, and I'll bet that the concept is laid out somewhere in the Constitution or some important document. I'm just too darned lazy to look it up.

Old Post 07-03-02 21:10 #
Marauder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doom-Child
Wears the man-pants in this family

Ha ha, fods. But, as you can see, I am clearly not aroused.

DC

Old Post 07-03-02 22:02 #
Doom-Child is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

Most people I know feel quite secure in their religion(into which I group atheism, since it's a view on God), but there are people out there who aren't secure - and that's who evangelists are looking for. They really don't have a way of determining who is in that group, so they ask everyone. Granted, they should take hints and get outta dodge faster, but they are invariably people of conviction. It's their character type.
I've found that the people who are the most preachy - the "faithful" who bend over backwards to show their devotion and crow on and on about their religion, or the atheists who cy the loudest about how God doesn't exist and we're all idiots - are the least secure in their faith or belief structures. Has anyone else ever thought that?

Old Post 07-04-02 01:39 #
IMJack is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Marauder

I've wondered about it, but I'm not sure it's true.

Old Post 07-04-02 04:00 #
Marauder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doom-Child

I think in general that tends to be right, but not in quite the way you put it.

The people most insecure about their beliefs are the ones most afraid of being proven wrong. It's a deep-seated human thing; no one likes to be wrong (as Xian is proving). To make up for being wrong, a lot of people get loud instead. In a convoluted sort of way, it makes sense. Do you want to spend an hour debating with someone who shouts you down every ten seconds?

However, there are those few who are strong in their beliefs, yet feel the need to foist them on anything with a carbon-based cellular structure at the same volume we normally reserve for launching the shuttle. I really don't know how to explain them (apart from calling them sadists or something).

DC

Old Post 07-04-02 06:03 #
Doom-Child is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
KDarigal

IMJack said:
..."freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."

...me and my Bobby McGee...

Old Post 07-04-02 06:36 #
KDarigal is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
KDarigal

Doom-Child said:
I think in general that tends to be right, but not in quite the way you put it.

The people most insecure about their beliefs are the ones most afraid of being proven wrong. It's a deep-seated human thing; no one likes to be wrong (as Xian is proving). To make up for being wrong, a lot of people get loud instead. In a convoluted sort of way, it makes sense. Do you want to spend an hour debating with someone who shouts you down every ten seconds?

However, there are those few who are strong in their beliefs, yet feel the need to foist them on anything with a carbon-based cellular structure at the same volume we normally reserve for launching the shuttle. I really don't know how to explain them (apart from calling them sadists or something).

DC

And that brings us to the Internet Rules Of Idiocy:

(1) Everyone on the Internet substitutes being loud and repetitive for being intelligent;
(2) Everyone on the Internet is wrong;
(3) The main belief everyone on the Internet is insecure in is the size of their penises (male) or breasts (female);
(4) These rules are full of crap.

Old Post 07-04-02 06:40 #
KDarigal is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
lmnt
BAND

KDarigal said:

...me and my Bobby McGee...

That song rules, but only when Janis sings it.

Old Post 07-05-02 01:05 #
lmnt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

Olivia Newton-John did a good rendition though

You are my opponent, but not my enemy, for your resistance gives me strength. Your will gives me courage. Your spirit ennobles me. And, although I aim to defeat you, should I succeed, I will not humiliate you, instead I will honour you..For without you, I am a lesser man.

Old Post 07-05-02 02:16 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doom-Child

Wouldn't that be implying that she has talent?

DC

Old Post 07-05-02 02:54 #
darknation
Forum Staple

KDarigal said:

And that brings us to the Internet Rules Of Idiocy:

(1) Everyone on the Internet substitutes being loud and repetitive for being intelligent;
(2) Everyone on the Internet is wrong;
(3) The main belief everyone on the Internet is insecure in is the size of their penises (male) or breasts (female);
(4) These rules are full of crap.

I have a small dick therefore you are a retard.

Old Post 07-05-02 02:57 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

Doom-Child said:
Wouldn't that be implying that she has talent?

DC

I still play my Grease vid/cd/tapes so...YES

Old Post 07-05-02 03:08 #
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

Olivia Newton-John did a good rendition though

LeAnne Rhimes did not.

Old Post 07-05-02 03:16 #
IMJack is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doom-Child

I keep forgetting that you're a generation behind me, fods. Of course you like Olivia Newton-John. How silly of me to even question it.

DC

Old Post 07-05-02 03:54 #
fodders
OWNS YOU

:)

Old Post 07-05-02 04:01 #
KDarigal

Doom-Child said:
I keep forgetting that you're a generation behind me, fods. Of course you like Olivia Newton-John. How silly of me to even question it.

DC

I like her too.

Old Post 07-05-02 07:12 #
fodders
OWNS YOU

buy

Old Post 07-08-02 05:11 #
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

damn this conversation is confusing.

Old Post 07-08-02 06:17 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lt
Administrator

RailGunner said:
damn this conversation is confusing.
Then stay out of it.

Old Post 07-08-02 13:14 #
Lt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Lt said:
Then stay out of it.

Yeah, I agree.

Old Post 07-08-02 13:27 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

I agree to disagree.

Old Post 07-09-02 04:18 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

...i just said that to raise my post count. anyway, isnt bush getting the pledge problem fixed?
(me plays abuse)

Old Post 07-09-02 04:53 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Fixed? Or broken?

Old Post 07-09-02 08:36 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lt
Administrator

RailGunner said:
...i just said that to raise my post count.
Great way to lose it as well ;)

Old Post 07-09-02 14:28 #
Lt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

Good night, sweet thread. It was fun while it lasted.

Old Post 07-09-02 18:34 #