Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Things about Doom you just found out
Pages (91): « First ... « 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 18:59. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
LigH
Forum Regular

The difference is: Teleporters re-integrate. >:}

Old Post 07-12-12 15:07 #
LigH is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Scypek2

Not related to the game itself, but I just found out that this person on top of Post Hell is NOT a girl.

Old Post 07-12-12 22:07 #
Scypek2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

What gave it away? The massive Adam's apple? :P

Old Post 07-12-12 22:43 #
Gez is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DuckReconMajor
Forum Legend

SHE'S SWALLOWING!! DON'T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME!!

Old Post 07-14-12 01:17 #
DuckReconMajor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Scypek2

DuckReconMajor said:
SHE'S SWALLOWING!!

You gave me some dumb thoughts...

Old Post 07-14-12 22:33 #
Scypek2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Xane123

Gez said:

Apparently, it's just this level. The rocket in question is a heatseeking missile, and there are jets of flames that go off periodically. So the missile regularly switches its target and that syncs well enough to give a perfect orbit. The description to the video says you have to destroy all torches except one, go to a specific point, and shoot in a specific direction to achieve that.

So it is quite different from the revenant's homing rockets.

Other than that, orbit radius is also a function of speed and maneuverability. The higher the speed, and the lower the maneuverability, the wider the orbit.

Cool, thanks, Gez.

Jimi said:]I just found out that the BFG explosion flashes are very similar to the Teleport flashes.. so is it like a Telefrag gun then? Something that teleports parts (the atoms, etc) of the target into random places inside the target or nearby area and ultimately turns the target into some kind of red jelly.

This seems possible. I mean, this almost reminds me of when BaronOfStuff showed how the Lost Soul is merely a edit of the Mancubus fireball.

Old Post 07-17-12 05:41 #
Xane123 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
LigH
Forum Regular

Xane123 said:

when BaronOfStuff showed how the Lost Soul is merely a edit of the Mancubus fireball.

Or the other way round. Lost Souls already existed in DOOM 1, Mancubi from DOOM 2 on.

Old Post 07-17-12 07:21 #
LigH is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Xane123

Xane123 said:

Cool, thanks, Gez.

This seems possible. I mean, this almost reminds me of when BaronOfStuff showed how the Lost Soul is merely a edit of the Mancubus fireball.

But were both graphics in Doom 1's IWAD?

Old Post 07-17-12 09:22 #
Xane123 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jimi

Yea, I just found out they were even in the shareware Doom. Also including the cacodemon fireball, arach plasma and the bosscube.

I've also found out the pickup sprites for the shotguns in Doom64 are swapped. The sprite that looks like supershotgun is the normal, and the one that looks like shotgun gives the supershotgun. But I think I've noticed this before and then forgot.

Old Post 07-17-12 10:33 #
Jimi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kore
Green Marine

I know this is not Doom, but this black line of pixels has always bothered me
http://i.imgur.com/G5Htf.png

Old Post 07-18-12 01:23 #
Kore is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
_bruce_

Kore said:

Blood has a quite similar problem - at certain distances/angles a single color scanline gets written right above enemy sprites.

Old Post 07-18-12 01:54 #
_bruce_ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Yeah, but here the problem is in the sprite itself. There are several other Heretic sprites that are glitchy.

Old Post 07-18-12 02:02 #
Gez is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Alfonzo
Broadcaster

Is that a blood sea I sight before the horizon in the episode 3 intermission screen?

Suddenly, perspective!

Old Post 07-18-12 04:33 #
Alfonzo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
qoncept

Kore said:

Wow. The way the far part of the wall shows between his legs it looked like a butthole to me. And I thought that was what you were talking about until I read the next post.

Old Post 07-18-12 16:35 #
qoncept is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
LigH
Forum Regular

st.alfonzo said:
Is that a blood sea I sight before the horizon in the episode 3 intermission screen?

This one?

http://www.ligh.de/pics/DOOM/VICTORY2.png

I believe that's rather a tinted shadow of Deimos floating above Hell?
__

Ah, no, this one:

http://www.ligh.de/pics/DOOM/WIMAP2.png

That may be true, indeed.

The blood consumption of Hell is incredible. What do they make of it ... saussage loafs as building bricks?

Last edited by LigH on 07-19-12 at 07:09

Old Post 07-19-12 07:01 #
Jimi

They take bloodbaths.

Old Post 07-19-12 10:01 #
Jimi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Necros20

Just today I found out about the secret area in the southeast part of doom 2 map31.

Old Post 07-23-12 23:22 #
Necros20 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

LigH said:

Ah, no, this one:

http://www.ligh.de/pics/DOOM/WIMAP2.png

That may be true, indeed.

The blood consumption of Hell is incredible. What do they make of it ... saussage loafs as building bricks?

Looks more like desert to me, tinted red by the light in the distance. Here's a hint why it's NOT blood: it doesn't animate.

Old Post 07-23-12 23:34 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
TB171

Also just noticed that the Cacodemon can be stunned with chainsaw. Never knew that...

Old Post 07-24-12 02:20 #
TB171 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Archy
Forum Regular

TB171 said:
Also just noticed that the Cacodemon can be stunned with chainsaw. Never knew that...

And the chaingun...

Old Post 07-24-12 02:27 #
Archy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
TB171

Archy said:

And the chaingun...

Oh yeah. Who could have forgotten that LOL :P

Old Post 07-24-12 03:00 #
TB171 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jimi

I just noticed that the orange stripes in the Demon's legs disappear when he attacks or is in pain.

Old Post 07-24-12 18:34 #
Xane123

Archy said:
And the chaingun...

And I think the Plasma Gun can also stun and kill pretty fast. (Basically, the rapid-fire work best on that smiling thing.
(I bet this topic is only for the original Doom, so I guess any PWADs don't count, right?)

Old Post 07-24-12 21:15 #
Scypek2

I was always sure that monsters rising from illusio-pits are PWAD thingy. I was really suprised when I met with this on MAP28.

Old Post 07-24-12 22:23 #
Xane123

Scypek2 said:
I was always sure that monsters rising from illusio-pits are PWAD thingy. I was really suprised when I met with this on MAP28.

MAP28 of which IWAD?

Old Post 07-25-12 00:35 #
glenzinho
Forum Regular

Xane123 said:

MAP28 of which IWAD?

Doom 2... at the end of MAP28 there's about 3 enemies that rise out of the ground, however these are not illusio-pits. The snake textures on the floor and lower sidedefs of the pits give the impression of an illusio-pit, but if you walk right up to them you can see the monsters in their little holes...

Old Post 07-25-12 02:56 #
glenzinho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Xane123

glenzinho said:

Doom 2... at the end of MAP28 there's about 3 enemies that rise out of the ground, however these are not illusio-pits. The snake textures on the floor and lower sidedefs of the pits give the impression of an illusio-pit, but if you walk right up to them you can see the monsters in their little holes...

OK, thnks. I'll have to go see that, although I have some idea in my mind; Maybe I've seen it, seeing how Doom II is the main Doom game on my computer (which I run my PWAD for testing way more than it itself).

Old Post 07-25-12 19:06 #
Scypek2

glenzinho said:
The snake textures on the (...) lower sidedefs of the pits

no way, there's no texture here.

Old Post 07-25-12 21:10 #
Xane123

Scypek2 said:

no way, there's no texture here.

http://i.imgur.com/BOPfas.jpg
Yes, there is. A "snake/intestines" texture is there.
EDIT: Removed signature. I know what your'ethinking: We get it, copyroght sucks, remove that sig! Done!

Last edited by Xane123 on 07-26-12 at 05:02

Old Post 07-25-12 21:28 #
Processingcontrol

Hey, Xane123:

Can you get rid of the huge-ass sig please. It's annoying.

Thanks.

Old Post 07-25-12 21:50 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote