Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > What is the worse Doom mod/wad you've ever played?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:07. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ezxariarch

Just out of curiosity, what is the worse mod/wad you've ever played. This includes the levels (of course), graphics, and overall design. It can be both multiplayer and single.

Old Post 10-19-05 21:22 #
Ezxariarch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Graf Zahl
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

If I had to name the absolutely worst thing I have ever seen it'd be sadhusct.wad. That thing is so unbelievably bad it defies belief.

But if you disregard the genuine crap floating around I'd have to say Doom Rampage Edition. That's easily the worst WAD someone invested some real work in.

Old Post 10-19-05 21:42 #
Graf Zahl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
-_DLD_-
Forum Regular

wow.wad, anyone?

Old Post 10-19-05 21:50 #
-_DLD_- is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Epyo
Dude

very first wad I ever played, randomly pulled from the archives: pyramid.wad I think

Old Post 10-19-05 22:09 #
Epyo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ninja_of_DooM

DRE

Old Post 10-19-05 22:17 #
Ninja_of_DooM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DarkFoxSoldier20

Big Crappy Shit Megawad

Old Post 10-19-05 22:39 #
DarkFoxSoldier20 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Last map I attempted.

Old Post 10-19-05 23:11 #
Technician is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zeg-Vok

Im surprised nobody mentioned theskymaybe, and in which, I would have shocked them by informing them, that I actually enjoyed that one, in a non-orgasmic way

Old Post 10-20-05 04:22 #
Zeg-Vok is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
-_DLD_-
Forum Regular

Why am I the only person who's mentioned wow.wad? Am I just that uncool?

Old Post 10-20-05 04:28 #
-_DLD_- is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
VileSlay

I think prolly the worst wads I've come across came off the d!zone disc. one of the worst is 1.wad. it's just a crappy redo of e1m1. wow.wad was just stupid. there are a ton of others, but those are the ones that stick out at the moment.

"I only wish that you, the peons, the lowly zit ridden scum of outcast prepubescence so recklessly misspending the treasure of youth could truly understand my utter disdain for you as I look out from my lofty perch of immeasurable fame and opulence." beefcake the mighty of GWAR

Old Post 10-20-05 04:29 #
VileSlay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Caco-Puff

Zeg-Vok said:
Im surprised nobody mentioned theskymaybe, and in which, I would have shocked them by informing them, that I actually enjoyed that one, in a non-orgasmic way

That peice of abosolute genius humour has inspired many of my comedy wads to date.Only 1 of which had a release.And it wasnt even a release I just posted it in a topic that had to to with TSMB.

Old Post 10-20-05 07:00 #
Caco-Puff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Belial

I liked TSMB very much. It has the level of madness that nowadays jokewads will never reach. Besides, we all know that THE GUN IS GOOD!!! :P

Old Post 10-20-05 07:31 #
Belial is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

I'll copy/paste from my replies when similar questions have been asked in the past:

Really crappy stupid annoying ideas: Andy's WAD (in a twisted way I kind of liked this one though)
Just miserably pathetic: Boom v2.3
Suicide-inducing: Nightmares of Loki 1999

And here's a list of the worst [other] ones I had the misfortune to play while doing /newstuff reviews:
LabrinthV2
WhiteKnuckle
ASSHOLE!!!
Amazing
Female Doom
Sadhus Chauffeur Trio
Bjarne
crappything
ASSENT
TsotsoFx

Old Post 10-20-05 08:09 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kristian Ronge

Grazza's list is very good (heh, I wrote that review for ASSENT. If you can't spell the title of your WAD right, that has to be a bad sign...). I pretty much agree with all of his picks.

I've played *a lot* of bad WADs. Here's a small sample, from off the top of my head:

ARENA O' DEATH 1.2 (so obviously they had a 1.0 version, I hesitate to find out what that looked like)
Bakaroo1
canyon (Less complex than wow.wad!)
dmelvisp (The worst mod of all time, probably? This atrocity *will* give you brain damage)

... and of course wow. It's just ... wow. ;-)

Last edited by Kristian Ronge on 10-20-05 at 09:38

Old Post 10-20-05 09:17 #
Kristian Ronge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Janderson

The worst wad I've ever played is iirc called Black and White. In Black and White, there are some cool effects (I think it was the gallow's silhoettes (sp?) against a white back ground) unfourtunately the few cool tricks were destroyed by the fact that you couldn't see whereyou were going because the map was fullbright so it was either like being snow blind or having a bag placed on your head. It was the ugliest stool that was ever shat.

Heh, no offence to the experimental creator of course.

Old Post 10-20-05 11:41 #
Janderson is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

Sadhusct.wad without question, although walk2.wad for Hexen comes mighty close.

Old Post 10-20-05 11:46 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
-_DLD_-
Forum Regular

Wow, and the 3 maps I made a year ago aren't on there.

Woot!

Old Post 10-20-05 16:56 #
Xanthier
Forum Regular

VileSlay said:
I think prolly the worst wads I've come across came off the d!zone disc. one of the worst is 1.wad. it's just a crappy redo of e1m1. wow.wad was just stupid. there are a ton of others, but those are the ones that stick out at the moment.

Vileslay knows as well as I do that these wads take the cake on the crappiness scale. the cream of the crop of suckiness.

Old Post 10-20-05 18:26 #
Xanthier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Nonsense. Those were probably made before node builders were readily available. People first got their hands on simple tools or instructions that allowed them to move vertices or add and change things.

Doing something shitty and annoying later is worse than doing very little early on, especially since one couldn't do much at all initially.

Old Post 10-20-05 18:50 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Belial

I never remember the crap wads. They get deleted so fast I don't even have time to look at the filename.

Old Post 10-21-05 02:49 #
Belial is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
leileilol
dork stalker

REUdel (corb's (OH WAIT I'M SORRY, 3DFX INTERACTIVE'S) resident evil edge wad)

Old Post 10-21-05 04:04 #
leileilol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vegeta
I don't "POST WAREZ, POST WAREZ!" anymore

I'm not sure if the worst, but for me, Mockery is not far from there. Skilled authors put effort and time to make a wad bad, the first seconds are fun, then it gets uglier and more boring than some of the worst wads. It was supposed to be a joke, but with all the hype (that ruins all kind of jokes) plus the tedious gameplay, personaly I prefer an old crappy 1994 wad than it.

And yes, that "Resident Evil" mod is bad too.

Last edited by Vegeta on 10-21-05 at 23:25

Old Post 10-21-05 21:44 #
Vegeta is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheDarkArchon

Doom 2:2

Oh, and it's sequel

(I know they're jokes but still)

Old Post 10-21-05 22:47 #
TheDarkArchon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Scuba Steve

Doom Jr.

Old Post 10-22-05 02:47 #
Scuba Steve is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bastet Furry
THE WERELION

Is there a list of all mock wads?
I mean those who are intentionaly bad.

Old Post 10-22-05 14:10 #
Bastet Furry is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Coldfusio

There's http://www.doomworld.com/10years/bestwads/infamous.php
.The worst one I played was Action Doom, wad of the year 2004, btw.

Old Post 10-26-05 20:16 #
Coldfusio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Scuba Steve

I didn't know there was a wad of the year for 2004.

Old Post 10-27-05 21:25 #
Scuba Steve is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Coldfusio

Someone must have forgotten to send you your golden cacoward. Kill him.
http://www.doomworld.com/11years/best1.php
edit: It survived the hd as I'm using knoppix now

Last edited by Coldfusio on 11-04-05 at 16:24

Old Post 11-04-05 16:16 #
Coldfusio is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quast
insert title here

From the cacowards page...

The 11th Anual Cacowards was written by Scuba Steve

Old Post 11-04-05 18:59 #
Quast is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
-_DLD_-
Forum Regular

So that's how his entry was first on the list...

Old Post 11-04-05 19:33 #