Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Last Doom Wad you played
Pages (9): « First ... « 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:13. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gun_psycho

Recently played Scythe with Scoredoom yet again. Current progress so far? Map16. (I'm past the two secret levels)

Old Post 06-29-10 23:43 #
gun_psycho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

I'm playing Crusades by suggestion of Super Jamie. I love it a lot! Also I used to bash people for saving and loading but I'm starting to pick up on that habit again. But as a handicap I've chosen not to load any games unless I'm dead first.

Old Post 06-30-10 02:32 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pizzabob18

Just played "doom 2 in a nutshell". Pretty amazing map set so far

Old Post 06-30-10 02:42 #
pizzabob18 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Super Jamie
Forum Staple

40oz said:
Also I used to bash people for saving and loading but I'm starting to pick up on that habit again. But as a handicap I've chosen not to load any games unless I'm dead first.
That's because it's so fuckin hard! :D I also don't like constant save-load, I only do it for long maps. If I'm playing a collection of maps like an episode/megawad I handicap myself by saving at the start of each level only.

pizzabob18 said:
Just played "doom 2 in a nutshell". Pretty amazing map set so far
I loved this too :)

Old Post 06-30-10 02:43 #
Super Jamie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
lupinx-Kassman

I am currently doing an honest playthrough of hell revealed. I admit to have never really played past the first few levels in the past, and I now want to add this wad to my little list of classic megawads I beat.

I am up to map 21, and all I can say so far is: there is nothing like blasting down hoards of monsters to rad Rise of the Triad music. Too bad the music seems to have ended after map 20 :(.

Old Post 06-30-10 07:08 #
lupinx-Kassman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

The near-finished version of my map myself and Jodwin have collaborated on.

Old Post 06-30-10 07:22 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gun_psycho

I've just finished up Scythe 1 in Scoredoom, man was map30 hard.

Edit: I was using the Add-on pack along with the "no infighting" mode in case anyone was wondering.

Last edited by gun_psycho on 06-30-10 at 21:55

Old Post 06-30-10 21:47 #
gun_psycho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
K!r4

Mock2. I think map38 is the best, funny as hell. Also... Long Days from Eternal (great!).
Now I should play more serious wads.

Old Post 06-30-10 22:42 #
K!r4 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kirby

Last thing I touched was rtc-3057. Love the music in that wad

Old Post 06-30-10 23:05 #
Kirby is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Philnemba

Recently play the TNT2 demo for the first time. Maps are pretty good although map1 feels cramp and a bit big for a first map(luckily its being revamped according to the website). Too bad the project has been inactive since December :(

Old Post 07-02-10 03:15 #
Philnemba is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Reevys

My loss of my PS3 controller last year rendered me unable to play Doom for quite some time, but my wired 360 controller finally arrived today. So I totally fired up Claustrophobia 1024 and continued my file from a year ago, where I was at Map22.

I found Map25 to be horrendously unfair at the beginning (I just can't see how a pistol start on UV is possible), and I seriously ran short of ammo at times, and that was with me going in with a rather full arsenal.

Map26 had me stumped for quite a bit, coz a switch I needed to throw had been covered in Baron's blood and I couldn't see it as a result.

I played quite a bit of Map27, but I was slaughtered after the Arch-Vile teleported in, and decided to retire for the night. I thought it was a rather awesome level though, and I look forward to playing it when I resume tomorrow. :D

Old Post 07-02-10 04:11 #
Reevys is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Malinku

I'm currently playing through scythe 2. I'm on map 24 atm.

Old Post 07-02-10 20:52 #
Malinku is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Philnemba

Recently played Dutch Devil's Evil Unleashed map for Ultimate Doom. Great vanilla map :D

Old Post 07-02-10 22:48 #
Philnemba is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gun_psycho

I beat Scythe 2, and now I'm currently running through Alien Vendetta. I'm past the two secret levels at the time being.

Old Post 07-06-10 00:54 #
Ven

Currently playing Alien Vendetta + Scalliano's ZMWR. Up to Map20 so far and loving it.
I've also just finished END1.wad, and I was amazingly surprsied by hard it is for an E1 replacement.

Old Post 07-06-10 01:10 #
Ven is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scalliano
This door is opened elsewhere...

Currently playing Dark7MPK with the same mod, haveing beaten the first one during the week. It's intriguing how a completely random spawner can have such a sense of occasion:
Spoiler:
Flight powerup and LoS chaingun boss on the train level :P

Old Post 07-06-10 01:30 #
scalliano is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gun_psycho

I'm up to Map20 of Alien Vendetta as well with Scoredoom and the addon pack.

I really, REALLY hate that level.

Old Post 07-06-10 05:38 #
K!r4

Played PSX Doom and Final Doom for the sake of nostalgia. I didn't remember it was that hard in UV with the PSX controller.

Old Post 07-06-10 07:29 #
K!r4 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gun_psycho

I'm finally past that damn pyramid level in Scoredoom AV, but now I'm at Map25.

Feel free to check out my high scores at the Scoredoom page.

Edit: I'm doing the "No Infighting" mode, not Hardcore mode. (I'm no speedrunner) Oh, and make that Map28. Two more maps and I get to move on to Kama Sutra.

Last edited by gun_psycho on 07-08-10 at 02:34

Old Post 07-06-10 15:22 #
Philnemba

Yesterday I coop Chex Quest with my girlfriend via a Skulltag LAN server just to see if I can set up a wireless LAN network between my labtop and my sister's computer.

Old Post 07-08-10 02:47 #
gun_psycho

I finished up the rest of my Alien Vendetta adventure in Scoredoom, and at the boss I just fired a nuke missile from my BFG into his brain and that was it. (The spawned minions don't give any points, anyway.)

Next up, Kama Sutra. *dreading map31*

Edit: I forgot to mention that Map30 of Kama Sutra's gonna be much harder with the add-on pack because I remembered many of the cyberdemon-class replacement bosses being REALLY annoying, especially the Scourge, the Cyberbot, and the goddamn Annihilator.)

Last edited by gun_psycho on 07-08-10 at 09:55

Old Post 07-08-10 09:44 #
K!r4

Strife1.wad

Old Post 07-08-10 10:29 #
gun_psycho

I just played Kama Sutra with Scoredoom and add-on pack. So far, I'm in map12.

Old Post 07-08-10 15:49 #
pcorf

Just finished WOS MAP28 on UV.

Old Post 07-08-10 18:15 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mechadon

I played through Drip Feed by iori yesterday. I loved the architecture and the feeling that it conveyed to the player while roaming around it. Awesome fun and awesome map :)

Old Post 07-08-10 18:53 #
Mechadon is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
iori
#legacy bastard

Thanks bud, I had as much fun making it :D

Old Post 07-08-10 19:45 #
iori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Never_Again
knows his birth month

pcorf said:
Just finished WOS MAP28 on UV.

Congratulations, this is definitely news material!

Old Post 07-08-10 22:00 #
Never_Again is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gun_psycho

I have been playing Kama Sutra with Scoredoom. Current progress so far? I got past both secret maps and now I'm at map16 (I used the map command to warp to map32, which scoredoom, thankfully, didn't disable the highscore thing.)

Old Post 07-10-10 03:31 #
sgtcrispy
Forum Regular

Memento Mori 1.
and I finally finished it.

Old Post 07-10-10 08:29 #
sgtcrispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pcorf

Never_Again said:

Congratulations, this is definitely news material!

Hehe, that was kinda funny. But I did not make MAP28 of WOS. Kristian made it.

I just beat it again in 18:12 without saving on UV. 100% kills and secrets. I recorded a video of it in hypercam but the video didn't come out properly so I had no choice but to delete it. Really sad about this. It was a really fun playthrough.

This was the first time I beat it without saving. My health went down to 9% at one stage.

I'd have to give it another go and record a demo of it in Zdoom, and aim my video camera at the screen. Put the video into Adobe Premier Pro and then upload it to youtube.

Last edited by pcorf on 07-10-10 at 19:17

Old Post 07-10-10 16:55 #
pcorf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote