Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > Doom 3 on 08/03/04?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:37. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cyb

Or 03/08/04 if you use the wacky non-US date format. Anyway, this isn't official by any means, so please take it with a huge mound of salt, but various game selling websites are reporting this as Doom 3's release date. Check out EB Games, Gamestop and a small article on IGN. Speaking of salt-eating, it's worth noting that Best Buy has a release date of July 13th still and Amazon says August 1st, so who really knows.

Old Post 06-22-04 21:41 #
Cyb is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Until the date is announced by id itself, I won't believe ANY dates supplied by any sites.

Old Post 06-22-04 21:52 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Scuba Steve

Cyb, I thought you of all people knew better than posting rumored dates.

I don't believe in anything anymore... I'm moving to Newdoom.

and canceling Action Doom!

Old Post 06-22-04 21:57 #
Scuba Steve is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arioch
not arioch

Scuba Steve said:
and canceling Action Doom!

I win.

Old Post 06-22-04 22:03 #
Arioch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Dude

I thought that was the Action Doom release date.

Old Post 06-22-04 22:14 #
Doom Dude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Chris Hansen
(used to be c-cooper)

I thought Action Doom 3 was planned for release in august and that Arioch lost! Hmm...

Old Post 06-22-04 22:48 #
Chris Hansen is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xenaero
Not DD_133

BBG said:
Until the date is announced by id itself, I won't believe ANY dates supplied by any sites.

[emeril]BAM[/emeril]

Old Post 06-22-04 22:49 #
Xenaero is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Revenant!

release dates REALLY suck !

If there is none, anyone is complaining.
If there is one, it sucks waiting for it.
If its coming about, it tends to be wrong.

Old Post 06-22-04 23:14 #
Revenant! is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MasterOFDeath

These sites shouldn't guess the release date. Its just driving everyone nuts! If you dont know the release date, then don't try to guess it.

Old Post 06-22-04 23:50 #
MasterOFDeath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

All these sites guessing the release date of Doom 3 is like so many people trying to guess the date of the Rapture. It's become rather humorous watching them try to come up with and getting worked up over release date after release date, only to have it come and go with no Doom 3. I wonder what those people who pre-ordered it for April 15th are thinking right about now.

Only when id announces the official release date will I believe it.

Old Post 06-23-04 00:24 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
insertwackynamehere
The Chewbacca defense gone nightmare

It'll be the end of the summer, school's starting, etc. Oh well :-/

Old Post 06-23-04 02:21 #
insertwackynamehere is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Epistax

I think it should come with a cardboard circle that says "Duke Nukem Forever".

Old Post 06-23-04 02:30 #
Epistax is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dron

Lies. I won't believe it until ID says so

Old Post 06-23-04 10:53 #
Dron is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darknation
Forum Staple

everytime they make a guess at a release date, their poxy crap sites get another round of hits as people check it out to determine the bullshit factor.

It's good business sense to keep the shit flowing.

Old Post 06-23-04 10:58 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sgtcrispy
Forum Regular

heh, if they did 03/08/o4 it would be on my birthday. oh wait thats not right...

Old Post 06-23-04 15:13 #
sgtcrispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
VinceDSS

Cyb said:
Or 03/08/04 if you use the wacky non-US date format.

how lame remark, you can then call the US date format non-World or non-international. Soooo few countries use the US/UK format...

This also brings us to the illogical feet/miles/gallons/pounds system... note that all scientists in the US the international system meters/liters/kilograms ... because it's sooo much easier to use :)

Old Post 06-23-04 15:46 #
VinceDSS is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

VinceDSS said:
how lame remark, you can then call the US date format non-World or non-international. Soooo few countries use the US/UK format...
Er, what? The US and UK date formats are different.

BTW, are you aware that it was the French who introduced the illogical convention of driving on the right?

Old Post 06-23-04 15:52 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

How is driving on the right side illogical? I thought there were no real advantages to either, both still being in use simply because the roads are already there...

Anyway, 2004-08-03.

Old Post 06-23-04 16:17 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deep
as in Deepsea

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/...drive-right.htm

Old Post 06-23-04 17:25 #
deep is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Big endian date format is the only sensible date format. I'm with fredrik.

Old Post 06-23-04 17:40 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bastet Furry
THE WERELION

Hmm, this is going to be like that phunny game from 3d Realms with that "hero" that cant stop talking :P
BTW: If 3D Realms bring us DN4E this year, ill post a pic of mine.... naked!
Someone holding this bed? Maybee even a female doomworld user? ^.^

And for the date format:

3. Oktober 2004... i won!

Old Post 06-23-04 18:20 #
Bastet Furry is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
VinceDSS

Fredrik said:
How is driving on the right side illogical? I thought there were no real advantages to either, both still being in use simply because the roads are already there...

Anyway, 2004-08-03.

I use this date format too, it's much easier to sort files this way :)

The english choosed the left from old times, because most people are right handed and the sword had to be on the same side as people coming from the other direction. (that's just a story I heard)

About the supposedly french introduction of the right side, it's just because most France have a long history of hating the Brits. And the opposite is also true. They alwasy tried to invade France :)

Btw, IMO, I think most countries drive on the right side because it's easier to shift gears with right hand :) (Americans might not be familiar with manual gears)

Old Post 06-23-04 18:53 #
VinceDSS is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
konic

Couple cents about Best Buy.
Press Est. arriv. time (or something) in blue square
and it'll give you: 8/5-8/10/2004 !

Old Post 06-23-04 19:08 #
konic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arioch
not arioch

the British Board of Film Classification has a DOOM III Listing with a rating for the game, a seeming indication that they've already been able to review all its content

According to /., which takes it from Blue's.

Old Post 06-23-04 21:11 #
Arioch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TH-555

funny timing, I just noticed that. Gamestop's new pre-order design still has a RP instead of MA though, so surely the date is wrong. although halo2 recieved its rating, and so far in advance, it has not been revieled. not that we need to be told that both games will recieve a mature rating.

Old Post 06-23-04 23:17 #
TH-555 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Who cares, it'll be released when it's released

Old Post 06-24-04 01:55 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

DooMBoy said:
Who cares, it'll be released when it's released
The smartest thing I've ever seen DooMBoy post.

Old Post 06-24-04 03:54 #
Job is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
yukib1t
Will DDR for food

[H]ardOCP had it under the announcements earlier today, but it's down now, nowhere to be seen. That's made me even more skeptical.

Old Post 06-24-04 05:20 #
yukib1t is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

Fredrik said:
Anyway, 2004-08-03.

The 3rd of august, 2004

Old Post 06-24-04 09:10 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bastet Furry
THE WERELION

Captain Red said:

The 3rd of august, 2004

Pöh!
Dritter August Zweitausendundvier!
Your Turn! :P

Old Post 06-24-04 09:56 #
Bastet Furry is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote