Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > XWE > text editor

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:42. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kappes Buur
Forum Regular

Hi, Csabo

XWE is great. Thank you.
Can I change the default text editor to a text editor of my choice? If yes, then how?

Old Post 11-27-05 08:40 #
Kappes Buur is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csabo

You can't do this yet. However, XWE support the CodeMax 2.0 control. If you have it registered, XWE will use that instead of the "textbox" control. This means syntax highlighting, open ANY size files, search/replace, macros, etc.

You can download it from here:
http://howtobank.net/vbboard/data/p_vbsource/CMax21.zip

Register the control with REGSVR32 cmax20.ocx, and you should be good to go.

It would be nice to be able to assign any kind of external editor for different lump types (not just text, but let's say PhotoShop for images, etc). To develop this kind of functionality is quite a big undertaking, but it's on my long term plans.

Old Post 11-27-05 13:13 #
Csabo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote