Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > XWE > File Access Denied Problem

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:32. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
XIX IX VII XIII I
Warming Up

I have a problem with (the latest version?) XWE. Each time I attempt to exit XWE either through File -- Exit or by closing the main window an error message appears which states:

"eXtendable Wad Editor

File access denied."

I never had this problem before until I reformated my hard-drive and re-installed XWE. Futhermore, none of my other programs, Doom-related or otherwise have this problem.

I am using Windows 98; I receive this error regardless if I open a wad-file or not.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by XIX IX VII XIII I on 04-03-06 at 05:38

Old Post 04-03-06 04:35 #
XIX IX VII XIII I is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

See this thread.

Old Post 04-03-06 05:52 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
XIX IX VII XIII I
Warming Up

I read the thread as you directed. The error message you posted is the same error message that I received and I did as "The Dark Archon" instructed. However, the problem persists. Here is a more detailed explanation:

XWE is located at C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Doom\Tools\XWE -- I go to View, Options, General; the Temporary Folder states: c:\windows\temp (this seems to be default and I have never changed this).

The "TEMP" folder is not checked with 'Read-Only', 'Archive' or 'Hidden,' nor are any of the files within the folder. Perhaps I misunderstood the entries made in the thread?

Old Post 04-03-06 06:40 #
XIX IX VII XIII I is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

I just checked my XWE and that folder was back to C:\, so I changed it back to something else, closed XWE, opened it, and it was C:\ again. But I'm not getting errors like before. Back when I changed the folder and fixed the issue following TheDarkArchon's advice I also deleted a bunch of temp files off C:\. Perhaps some of those were corrupt, and eliminating them got rid of the issue. So you could try deleting any XWE temp files off the Temp folder. I don't recall exactly how XWE named its temp files, but they were easy to identify.

Old Post 04-03-06 07:13 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
XIX IX VII XIII I
Warming Up

Strange fix, but seems to work. Thank you.

Old Post 04-03-06 07:23 #