Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival #76 - Heretic (Part I)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:38. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Alteus
Mini-Member

Surprise! We've got something different this week. During all of these 75 TNS we have played in the skin of our beloved Doomguy, but hell is running out of demons and needs a deserved rest. This Thursday we are playing the first three episodes of Heretic, so trade your pistol for a wand and we'll see you there!
  • Skill: Ultra Violence
  • IWAD: heretic.wad
  • Maps: e1m1-e3m9
  • Lives: 1
  • Players: 20/50
  • The Australasian session starts at 20:00 AEST (that's 10:00 GMT)
  • The Euro session starts at 20:00 GMT (that's 15:00 EST)
  • The US session starts at 20:00 EST (that's 01:00 GMT)

In other news: WNF is re-running Legendary CTF Mappack. If you are a fan of CTF, you can't miss that one. Latest ZDaemon can be grabbed here.

Old Post 01-21-13 16:01 #
Alteus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
savagegrant

I haven't done multi-player Doom in (literally) decades so I connected to the Australasian server for TNS and it was empty. An Italian dude/dudette joined for a little while but their ping was over 350 so it wasn't much fun for them. Is it usually that quiet or was it just because Heretic was the IWAD being played?

Old Post 01-24-13 14:22 #
savagegrant is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rhinoduck
Mini-Member

@savagegrant: The AUS session is quite new. There are usually so many people in the Euro session that without the player limit (20-25 marines in game) things would become too messy. The US session has its up and down weeks.

The three servers in different parts of the world are there so that you can play with a reasonable ping and at a reasonable time of day. The unfortunate thing is that all of the TNS admins are Euro based and can't really kick-start the other sessions. But if you bring a friend, some patience, and like it enough to keep coming back each week, I believe a regular US/AUS player base might form around. We prepare all three servers every week.

You can visit the ZDaemon TNS forums for more information and to leave suggestions, and try the ZDaemon IRC (ZRC) to hunt for players from your timezone.

Old Post 01-27-13 10:37 #
rhinoduck is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anima Zero
Forum Regular

Highlights video for this week is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cZejxNKKlQ

Enjoy!

Old Post 01-30-13 20:33 #
Anima Zero is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

I swung by for a little while. It got me to play through the first episode of Heretic again. I just started ep. two today.

Old Post 01-30-13 23:23 #
Technician is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote