Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > Sandy Petersen Guest of Honor at HP Lovecraft Film Festival

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:34. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DemilinX

The special Guest of Honor for the Portland H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival & CthulhuCon, game designer and creator of the Call of Cthulhu RPG, is Sandy Petersen! Come meet the man who put Lovecraft center stage of the gaming world, May 3-5 at the Hollywood Theatre.

Primarily interested by the first-person shooter Wolfenstein 3D, Petersen joined id Software about 10 weeks before the December 1993 release of Doom and in that time created 19 levels for it (of which 8 were based to some extent on early drafts by Tom Hall). He later created 17 of the levels for Doom II, and 7 levels for Quake. His Lovecraftian influences also resulted in some changes to the monster designs for these games. He left id Software for Ensemble Studios in June 1997.

Old Post 02-20-13 03:26 #
DemilinX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Breeder
Mini-Member

That would actually be pretty cool! I believe I've written everything Lovecraft ever wrote, and am a huge fan of game like Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth and Amnesia.

Old Post 02-20-13 15:34 #
Breeder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Remiel

Breeder said:
I believe I've written everything Lovecraft ever wrote
Nice!

Old Post 02-20-13 16:49 #
Remiel is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
soner du
Mini-Member

Breeder said:
I believe I've written everything Lovecraft ever wrote
The Case of Charles Breeder Ward...

Old Post 02-20-13 16:56 #
soner du is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Breeder
Mini-Member

Ha ha, why did I say,"I believe I've written everything he wrote"?

I meant read. :)

Charles Dexter... good one!

Check out the movie: Whisperer in Darkness.

Old Post 02-20-13 17:31 #
Breeder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote