Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > XWE > [feature request] Click/drag sprite alignment

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:18. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
leileilol
dork stalker

Can it be done? Could be real nifty when sorting out weapon sprites quickly.

Old Post 12-30-04 01:00 #
leileilol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
WildWeasel
Resident Castlevania Super-Fanboy

While we're on that note, could an extra guide-line be added horizontally to represent the "crosshair" for ports that support it (halfway between the top of the screen and the top of the status bar)? It would help very much with angled weapons.

Old Post 12-30-04 02:03 #
WildWeasel is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheDarkArchon

I would request a view select mode (E.G If you are aligning weapons, you can select the mviewing mode XWE currently selects automatically when both offsets < 0

Old Post 12-31-04 19:01 #
TheDarkArchon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
leileilol
dork stalker

Perhaps a Zoom 2x and 3x mode for aiding the alignment process too?

Old Post 12-31-04 21:17 #
leileilol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chilvence
Master Procrastinator

While were on the subject, any chance of including png sprite alignment? At least, I've heard that zdoom supports this, but I havent checked.

Old Post 12-31-04 21:25 #
chilvence is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheDarkArchon

gargoylol said:
Perhaps a Zoom 2x and 3x mode for aiding the alignment process too?

You can zoom already!!

Old Post 12-31-04 22:10 #
TheDarkArchon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csabo

I just added click and drag sprite alignment, grab the latest beta if you want to test it: http://webhome.idirect.com/~csabo/xwe/xwe_beta.zip Hopefully it's not too buggy, don't be shy with the feedback. I've received the ZDooM PNG pecific details from none other than ZDooM guru Randy Heit, this will be added soon.

About the crosshair for weapons: does anyone know exactly where it's supposed to go? Is it 160,100 from the corner?

Last edited by Csabo on 02-10-05 at 02:34

Old Post 02-09-05 05:22 #
Csabo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
WildWeasel

I'd actually place it assuming that the status bar is on - I don't remember how tall the status bar is, though...

Upon testing the sprite alignment - if it's in "Weapon Mode" (I concur that this needs to be a view option, not an automatic decision), the "drag box" when dragging the graphic around still appears as if it's in "World Mode" (usually appearing lower and farther to the right than it needs to be).

Old Post 02-09-05 23:29 #
WildWeasel is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csabo

Good suggestion, I wanted to do this anyway, and now it's done. There's a "W: Auto button", which controls whether the image is displayed as an weapon sprite or not. You can toggle three settings: Auto (like XWE old behavior), OFF or ON.

Fixed the position when you where dragging in weapon mode. I also added cursor key 'nudging', this seems pretty useful too (just click on the image first so that it has the focus).

Grab the beta from the usual place and test it again if you can.

Old Post 02-10-05 02:38 #
Csabo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
WildWeasel

Great, works like a charm, thanks.

Old Post 02-10-05 02:58 #