Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > Doom legacy crash.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:47. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
footman
gimme DWJ3!

I can't play using doom legacy, it jsut crasshes with a damn segment violation!my pc's stats are: os[Windows XP Professional (5.1 - 2600)] cpu[1-AMD MP, 1460MHz, 256KB]

"I think the truth is that all the stars in the universe are actualy celestial sperm inside a pair of intergalactic testicles and that black holes suck them up and shoot them up an astral urethra and into the great eternal vagina." -Danarchy

Old Post 09-20-02 01:15 #
footman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

I won't exactly help you out, but I will abuse you thread a bit, since it's about legacy and that's the subject I was about to post about. But I'll tell you, you should inform exactly what version you are using. Also be aware that crashes like that have been reported before, and it might not be easy to find a cure.

On with my own thing now...

I was watching Romero's E1 demos and well, I noticed the skies... the ugly way it deals with "short" skies. I do remember this was one of the reasons why I switched from legacy to zdoom back when I was more into source engines. I was irked by the streched sky and I started wondering if there was "tall" DOOM skies like the tall ones for DOOM II found in doom3.wad. But I did not find any. So I made one. It's not the only resource I had to change to make the demos look decent, of course. Bah, options are fine, but weird changes without a choice?
If anyone is interested in this sky I can hand it over. Anyone? I don't understand why no one has made tall skies for DOOM. Not really my business, but hey.

You know, one demo desynched and I was like "uh, but I'm using the right version..." so I checked the different versions and noticed it was going out of synch in 1.32 for DOS, but worked OK on the Windows versions. A pity, since the DOS version has better sound (in the Windows versions sounds sometimes play from the wrong location, like they do in boom.)

Old Post 09-21-02 16:45 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
footman
gimme DWJ3!

1.32 beta5, just switched to 1.40 rc1, doesnt crash nearly as much, but hanging bodies are on the floor (wtf!?)

"I think the truth is that all the stars in the universe are actualy celestial sperm inside a pair of intergalactic testicles and that black holes suck them up and shoot them up an astral urethra and into the great eternal vagina." -Danarchy

Old Post 09-22-02 01:35 #
footman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Heretic
chocolate!!111

Usually legacy oriented levels thaqt apply features over each other like intruding 3d floors in water carries this error with it, from my exp anyway :P

Old Post 09-25-02 14:58 #
The Heretic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jive

Try the last release: 1.40! (Hanging bodies are fine, now!)
About Skies and other stuff like these ones: I have created a lot of them!!! (all for free at my site, in "JiveGraphics"). Do your market, burn what must be burned, but enjoy freely what you will keep! All is pure gift!

I get mails from non-english speaking people all the time and sometimes you need to be a little PATIENT to find out exactly what they're talking about. They are trying their best, so work with them. They're trying to do you a FAVOR, and yes it does in fact PAY TO BE NICE. (Rellik - June 10, 2002)

Old Post 09-25-02 23:08 #
Jive is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote