Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > jDoom textures

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:06. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Speshul Eddy
Green Marine

Howdy all, I just downloaded the newest hi-res texture pack from the Doom2 retexturing project, and they look great and work fine...except for the switches, the exit door, and the big green tech-door, which don't show up. =(

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else noticed this? If so, is it and issue with how the engine looks up textures for those things, or are the files just named wrong?

files in question are:

exit door)
DOOR3_4.PNG
DOOR3_5.PNG
DOOR3_6.PNG

big green door)
DOOR9_2.PNG

switches)
SW1S0.PNG
SW1S1.PNG
SW2_5.PNG
SW2_6.PNG
SW2S0.PNG
SW2S1.PNG
SW4S0.PNG
SW4S1.PNG

are those correct texture names?

Old Post 09-25-02 04:54 #
Speshul Eddy is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Heretic
chocolate!!111

Bet those textures are nice
:P

Old Post 09-25-02 14:54 #
The Heretic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Heretic
chocolate!!111

Where did you get the textures for? Does it work with any version of jdoom? I have the pack that supports jdoom, heretic hexen etc

Old Post 09-25-02 14:56 #
The Heretic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Speshul Eddy
Green Marine

there's a link the to Doom2 retexturing project site in the JDoom site's link section. The download is pretty hefty (43 megs), but it has about 150 replacement textures, (almost) all of which work and look very nicely. =)

Old Post 09-25-02 20:25 #
Speshul Eddy is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Spike
Team Future has a new Giger-esque in the works

Bear in mind that the hi-res TGA textures only work in OpenGL mode.
They're located in a \textures folder inside data\jdoom

Old Post 09-26-02 19:45 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Speshul Eddy
Green Marine

I'm very much aware of that, and I have the files in the right directory and am running in openGL.

Just about all of them are working fine, but a couple aren't and I'm just trying to figure out why.

Old Post 09-27-02 05:05 #
Spike

Speshul Eddy said:
I'm very much aware of that, and I have the files in the right directory and am running in openGL.

Just about all of them are working fine, but a couple aren't and I'm just trying to figure out why.

Sorry, didn't mean to jump at you :)
More than likely just bugs that still need to be ironed out in the port code. Have you emailed Jaakko Keranen about it?

Old Post 09-27-02 19:27 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Speshul Eddy
Green Marine

oops, didn't mean to sound harsh or anything, if that's what you mean. ^^

Come to think of it, I haven't E-mailed him about it yet (just assumed he would know about something of that nature, but I'm dense like that =P).

Old Post 09-27-02 20:20 #
Spike

He's already made some fixes for bugs i've found - mainly in the XGdata code.

I've also suggested completely editable thing lists, so that brand new creatures with custom attacks can be created without sacrificing old ones - i'll let you know how far we get with that one.

Old Post 09-27-02 21:34 #