Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > JDoom sound problem

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:41. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
footman
gimme DWJ3!

The sounds, they keep looping forever, like if i bring up the menu after launching, the switch on sound plays over and over forever.
My sound card is a SiS 7018 Wave.

"I think the truth is that all the stars in the universe are actualy celestial sperm inside a pair of intergalactic testicles and that black holes suck them up and shoot them up an astral urethra and into the great eternal vagina." -Danarchy

Old Post 09-28-02 19:45 #
footman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Spike
Team Future has a new Giger-esque in the works

Jay (Vampira) has the same problem with her CMI 8330. I originally thought it was due to processor speeds but, well, obviously i know know differently.

Mine's a CMI 8338 and the sound works without a problem. Incidently, the 8330 card doesn't allow hardware buffering on the DX8.1 diagnostics - i wonder if the lack of this has something to do with it...? Could you check your own diagnostic program (DX) and see if you get a similar problem?

Old Post 09-28-02 19:58 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
footman
gimme DWJ3!

doesnt allow hardware buffering. dammit!

"I think the truth is that all the stars in the universe are actualy celestial sperm inside a pair of intergalactic testicles and that black holes suck them up and shoot them up an astral urethra and into the great eternal vagina." -Danarchy

Old Post 09-28-02 20:00 #
footman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

It's a feature >:)

Old Post 09-28-02 21:09 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Spike
Team Future has a new Giger-esque in the works

Although not solved, the problem is at least identified :)

Old Post 09-29-02 01:20 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
footman
gimme DWJ3!

Tarin said:
It's a feature >:)
this isnt your title, but it fits:

Stupidity cannot be concealed.

Old Post 09-29-02 03:08 #
Erebus

I had the same problem as you did footman, however I managed to fix it. Well, sort of. I disabled all the sound options in the Doomsday Kick Start “Other” tab. I still get the problem some of the time but not always. I hope this helps...a bit. At least you'll be able to get a semi-decent game without having to turn the sound off. I must say though, I’m a bit peeved that Jdoom doesn’t work properly – so far of the source ports I’ve played it seems by far the best.

*sad* :(

Old Post 10-11-02 11:37 #
Erebus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote