Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > <64K DooM port

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:19. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
scorpion

Hi, I was wondering how many of you ever played MooD, the 'doom-like-but-not-quite-doom port' for the Commodore 64 ...?

If you have doubts, go find yourself a C64 software emulator and download it here!!!

I am user #666 on this board. Fear me.

telnet://scorp.us.to

Old Post 10-14-02 13:09 #
scorpion is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Interesting. Albeit now I have to learn how to use a C64 to play it!

Old Post 10-14-02 14:21 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scorpion

you know...

load"mood",8,1

run

and let the one-buttoned joystick do the rest (please don't expect even remotely GBA-quality wi4th this)!!!

-- Added

In case of a PRG file, most can be run from the emulator menu. All you need from there is a joystick (port #2 I think)...!

Old Post 10-14-02 14:26 #
scorpion is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Cool, thanks. Fortunately VICE can emulate the joystick, since I don't have one presently.

Old Post 10-14-02 14:58 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scorpion

Recommended: WinVICE 1.9, with PAL emulator on... there is a file explaining all the keyboard keys you can use, if you really don't wanna use the joystick (strafing, etc)...

Lemme hear what you think of it... I have found more games and demos for C64 that were in some way inspired by DooM, I'll let you know if I (re)find any (and if anyone's interested of course)...:-)

?OUT OF DATA ERROR
READY.

Old Post 10-14-02 15:42 #
XDelusion

I could have swore they made a DOOM clone on the Atari 8-bit as well, I believe it was from Germany, but have not found it as of yet. :/

"There is no death; there is the Force."

Old Post 10-14-02 19:22 #
XDelusion is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

I knew it, this was the doom game i saw. It's awful!! I have many prettier functional games for my C64 thank you very much (and no i don't use an emulator, i have a complete C64 with two drives and the works).

Old Post 10-14-02 20:36 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

http://deathwarrior.slipgate.org/doomspec3.gif

Old Post 10-14-02 22:43 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

OMG! WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT?!

Old Post 10-15-02 07:03 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scorpion

My god! Where DID you find that!?\

Use3D said:
(and no i don't use an emulator, i have a complete C64 with two drives and the works).

I do too, but still use an emulator too, since not all C64 software is worthy to be transferred to my 1541-formatted 5'25" flopzzz!

Old Post 10-15-02 08:27 #
Lobo
Forum Regular

scorpion said:
And just when you thought it was safe to make a cup of tea...

it's...

INVADE-A-LOAD!

hehe I remember the first time I saw that!! Aaaah it seems like yesterday, sitting in my room, about to make a cup of tea while waiting for Ghostbusters to load, when suddenly...

Robotech: FirstGen TC / Edge Shell Launcher(ESL) Home page.

Old Post 10-19-02 16:42 #
Lobo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DOOM Anomaly
I am Weird Al

Ct_red_pants said:
OMG! WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT?!
I KNOW ITS A GIANT EMPTY BOX WITH A LITTLE WHITE BOX WITH A RED X IN THE MIDDLE OF IT!!!!!! PLEASE DO TELL WHERE YOU FOUND THIS, I MUST KNOW!!!!! :P

I Love Picklehammer! Do You?

Old Post 10-19-02 17:06 #
DOOM Anomaly is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

DOOM Anomaly said:
I KNOW ITS A GIANT EMPTY BOX WITH A LITTLE WHITE BOX WITH A RED X IN THE MIDDLE OF IT!!!!!! PLEASE DO TELL WHERE YOU FOUND THIS, I MUST KNOW!!!!! :P
nothing shows up in opera. but yeah.... wait until slipgate is fixed again.

Old Post 10-19-02 23:06 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scorpion

Lobo said:
hehe I remember the first time I saw that!! Aaaah it seems like yesterday, sitting in my room, about to make a cup of tea while waiting for Ghostbusters to load, when suddenly...

If it's been a while ago for you that you've played the game and wanna hear the cool Rob Hubbard music again, let me know. I have the game as normal PRG-file for the emulator...

Old Post 10-21-02 15:21 #
Lobo
Forum Regular

Thanks for the offer buddy, but after reading this thread I got an enormous attack of nostalgia and went and downloaded a couple of emulators and just about every game I could remember owning!!

Now I've got to make some free time to relive old times...

Robotech: FirstGen TC / Edge Shell Launcher(ESL) Home page.

Old Post 10-31-02 20:01 #
Lobo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scorpion

Lobo said:
Thanks for the offer buddy, but after reading this thread I got an enormous attack of nostalgia and went and downloaded a couple of emulators and just about every game I could remember owning!!

Now I've got to make some free time to relive old times...

LOL, sounds like when I 1st found out about emulators ;-) Have fun

Old Post 11-01-02 09:22 #