Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > My Jdoom Abbs models web page:

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:43. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
FirebrandX

I've created a simple thumbnail page of Jdoom screenshots you can click on to enlarge and see comments. This page is to dispell the myth that Jdoom models suck (mostly because people aren't looking past the Cheb model downloads). Here's the link:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/firebrandx/jdoomslides.html

I'd hope that others will refer to this link should the random newbie come along whining over the "lame" Jdoom models.

Old Post 12-10-02 07:24 #
FirebrandX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

Well OK, but I really don't think there's much wrong with chebs models. 'cept I Really think it's time that somebody redid the lower class monsters, (Zombies, Imps and Demons.) Everthing else looks fine.

Abbs models don't look that bad, but the thing is, they don't really look like the doom sprites...

Old Post 12-10-02 07:39 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Yes those do indeed suck.

"GEE I WILL MAKE WEAPON MODELS THAT LOOK TOTALLY NOTHING LIKE THE ORIGINALS! ITEM MODELS TOO!"

Old Post 12-10-02 07:53 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

Uh... WHY THE HELL do I see Half Life models?

Old Post 12-10-02 12:39 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Trasher][
The game is not well!

Because you're drunk.

The big question is, why the hell do I see those HL models?

Old Post 12-10-02 12:48 #
Trasher][ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

Mass hallucination?

Old Post 12-10-02 22:55 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
FirebrandX

Those HL models were Abbs's latest experiment. I think I also prefer his ealier ones that were closer looking to the originals and may switch back to them. These don't look bad at all, but they are a bit different for most people's taste. When I get his originals back up, I'll let you know.

BTW BBG, When I say they don't suck, I'm talking about the quality of the model, not whether it is faithful to the original sprite.

Old Post 12-10-02 23:17 #
FirebrandX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Black Void

No, they don't look that bad at all - I'd never download them because then I'd be wasting space on my computer, but looking at them doesn't make me say, "Suck".

Old Post 12-12-02 19:36 #
Black Void is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Spike
Team Future has a new Giger-esque in the works

Indeed. Nice as they look, i'll be leaving all forms of 3d models for Doomsday alone until an upgrade comes along. You know, in 2009.

Old Post 12-12-02 19:42 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote