Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > ZDoom 2.0 B36 Bugs

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:30. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Baron-Of-Hell

Are there any known bugs in the latest version of ZDoom? Has the bug which made the difficulty level change between levels been fixed?

Old Post 01-22-03 06:54 #
Baron-Of-Hell is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Read the changelog and ask about known bugs in the ZDoom forums.

Old Post 01-22-03 07:04 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

The difficulty setting never reverts to skill 0 anymore, and network play works. Basically all the known bugs in the old 1.23 beta 33 have been fixed.

Old Post 01-22-03 18:25 #
Bloodshedder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Most of the bugs that are left are minor niggling bugs. The only big PIA is the monster count is screwed. With successive vists to a map, or loading and saving or just progressing through the game you can get bizarre kill counts like 100/10 or 50/0 or 127/-12 all on the same level!

However, Randy has known about this for some time, and I'd be surprised if he hasn't addressed it by now.

Old Post 01-22-03 23:25 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
timmie
2 legit 2 quit!

apparently it's fixed in 2.0.37 (came out tonight).

Old Post 01-23-03 10:11 #
timmie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

I've just tried 2.0.37, and there is still something very screwy about the monster count, at least as it applies to NM and respawning. I tried Doom2 Map01 on NM, and started killing the first few monsters (humans + imp). They respawned OK a few times, but when I'd killed them several times, they stopped respawning entirely, and the monster count went crazy, increasing by about 6 or 7 every second or so. Within a few minutes it was over 1000, with nothing respawning.

Hmm. I'll again revert to 2.0.35 and report this to Randy (edit: well, I will once the Zdoom forums are working).

Old Post 01-23-03 10:35 #
Grazza is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

The count's ok in normal games, though.

Old Post 01-23-03 18:22 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Grazza said:
...and report this to Randy (edit: well, I will once the Zdoom forums are working).

S'Okay dude, I already did that. I noticed the bug was pretty damn weird. It's not just that the monsters stop respawning and the counts go through the roof, the monsters are respawning, but in the wrong place.

I first noticed teleport (respawn) flashes in the corridors of map01, but no new monsters. Eventually there were no monsters for me to kill, but I could still hear them. Turns out they were in the void for some reason. What's more, they kept respawning there, and the numbers went sky high. Even after enabling cheats and killing all the monsters, I was only credited with a fraction of the monsters that were supposedly on the map (99/564 at that time) but an IDDT cheat confirmed that they were all dead (at least for a short while).

Hang on, I'm from the UK. I don't say S'Okay dude.

That's all right, old chap, I already....

Toodle pip.

Old Post 01-23-03 19:58 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

Hmm...I think this thread belongs in the Source Ports forum.

Old Post 01-23-03 20:24 #
Bloodshedder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
timmie
2 legit 2 quit!

Grazza said:
Hmm. I'll again revert to 2.0.35 and report this to Randy (edit: well, I will once the Zdoom forums are working).

They're back up again...

Old Post 01-23-03 21:56 #
timmie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote