Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grimm

prBoom Under XP

Holy crap, what a mess! I can't get prBoom to run under XP. Can anyone give a few tips on how to make the damn thing run effectively? Also, how do you add in command line options through shortcuts (I did it a while ago for Max Payne, but I can't remember how)?

RTDscout said:

Holy crap, what a mess! I can't get prBoom to run under XP. Can anyone give a few tips on how to make the damn thing run effectively? Also, how do you add in command line options through shortcuts (I did it a while ago for Max Payne, but I can't remember how)?

If you'd say what exactly your problem is maybe someone can help you. From your post it is impossible to figure out what your problem is.

It don't run. Period. I assumed it was a general problem. Maybe I assumed wrong. Either way, there's not much else to it than what I put. Source ports always seem to have issues with me . . .

So, what happens if you put the prboom stuff in your Doom2 directory and type at the command line:
c:\doom2\prboom.exe -iwad c:\doom2\doom2.wad

Does nothing happen at all? Does it crash with some sort of error message? Does it start and then freeze when you try to start a new game?

Personally, I have found that glboom.exe (the OpenGL version of PrBoom) works far better under XP than prboom.exe. I don't know why, but I don't recall GLBoom ever crashing, but have had quite a few problems with PrBoom.

This time, it took me to an off-center, low-res, Doom II titlepic. It kinda froze after that. I tried glboom, and works fine. Thanks.