Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

A few Legacy things

And why in the hell should I bother to make a dehacked lump every time I want to play a pwad? It's a hell of a sourceport if you have to do that

Eh? No my last post was just talking about what Legacy can do with dehacked patches, that it can load them at any time, not just at startup. You don't HAVE to have one.

That's wierd that the launcher won't load pwads correctly, I've never heard of anyone having that problem. You didn't put -file in the Additional files box did ya? If you just hit the "Launch" button on the initial screen does it load the game without error?

For the command line it should be:

legacy -file whatever.wad whatever.deh

You can add "-nocheckwadversion" if your IWAD is not the most recent version. I've never heard of it being needed but there's always a first time.

To start it in hardware mode add -opengl or -3dfx or -minigl depending on what kind of card you have.

I also reccomend adding -mb XX where XX is the amount of memory you can allocate to legacy. I use -mb 128.

What are these Lost Soul limit and ArchVile bugs? I've never heard of them.

Oh yeah, I've been working on a new Manual, you can grab it here. It's a work-in-progress but it may be of some use.

Pain elemental won't spawn a new Lost Soul if there's already 20 of them.

With ArchVile bug I think they mean ArchVile respawning ghosts.

Yeah that is wierd... the +file button in the launcher usually works for .wads and .deh files for me. As for loading them in-game with the addfile console command - you can, but if the deh has modified info about an object which was already in the map before the .deh was loaded, it gives you the seg.viol. error. You can load wads whilst ingame fine though.

Have you tried re-installing the launcher or anything?