Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > jDoom Music Problem

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:08. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Grimm

Whenever I load a savegame in jDoom, the music starts over again. Is there any way to fix this?

Old Post 06-19-03 02:22 #
Grimm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
toxicfluff

Die less.

RUST

Old Post 06-20-03 03:08 #
toxicfluff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dark Fox
No one <3's me enough

Grimm said:
Whenever I load a savegame in jDoom, the music starts over again. Is there any way to fix this?

Now for a more constructive and helpful reply, the game does not save a specific spot in the music when you save your game, unless you can obtain a source copy of Jdoom and known your C, then most likely you will not beable to correct this. The reason being is that it could in theory generate a rather large savegame file if it has to remember everything plus what note or chord your music was on. Not much of a fix, but a quick little tid bit of information to tease your noggin with. ^^

Old Post 06-20-03 05:26 #
Dark Fox is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grimm

uh . . .

Doom and ZDoom don't restart the music. Let's say I'm on Tower of Babel in jDoom, and the Cyberdemon blows me away, so I load my savegame. The music starts over again.

Old Post 06-20-03 19:25 #
Grimm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Torn
google is your master

hmm... zdoom don't restart the music for me. And even the old doom(2).exe didn't do that. so...

Old Post 06-20-03 23:30 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
toxicfluff

Really? They load exactly where the music left off when you saved? That's pretty cool, can't say I ever noticed that.

RUST

Old Post 06-21-03 00:56 #
toxicfluff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grimm

Wow, I never would have imagined so much confusion could have erupted from my question. It must have been shitty wording on my part.

Ahem. Let's say I'm playing Gate to Limbo on Zdoom or the normal Doom.exe. Those freakin' Cacos get me again. So I load my savegame. The music continues playing.

Zip ahead to jDoom. I'm in the same situation as described above. Only this time, when I load that game, the music starts over again like I had just entered a new level. That's my problem. Doth anyone know how to fix it?

By the way, sorry about all the confusion. I just suck, that's all. :(

Old Post 06-21-03 02:28 #
toxicfluff

Nah man, don't worry. I think we all actually got what you meant :)

At least it isn't like a certain FPS I've played (can't remember which one) where the music actually restarted every time you saved. Being a borderline compulsive saver in most games, it drove me goddamn nuts.

But, go here and leave a post for Skyjake (the jdoom programmer)... he's a nice guy and pays a lot of attention to what people say on the forum.

RUST

Old Post 06-21-03 04:15 #
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

I know what you're talking about, but I never really considered it a bug. I guess it's because I've been playing JHexen for so long that I just ignore it.

Old Post 06-21-03 04:15 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grogglogobofink
BAN EVASION IS BAD FOR ME

i wouldn't consider that a bug persay, just the lack of a feature.

Old Post 06-22-03 10:34 #
Grogglogobofink is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grimm

A lack of a feature that was in Vanilla Doom. And I believe it's per se, but I could be wrong.

This is why newdoom can go to Hell:

Let's say I'm playing Gate to Limbo on Zdoom or the normal Doom.exe. Those freakin' Cacos get me again. So I load my savegame. The music continues playing.
Zip ahead to jDoom. I'm in the same situation as described above. Only this time, when I load that game, the music starts over again like I had just entered a new level. That's my problem. Doth anyone know how to fix it?

So? what's wrong with that?

That's a pretty a normal thing with some games. It's practically not a problem. Some games just have the music for a certain level keep going when they restart that certain level.

Old Post 06-23-03 13:53 #
footman
gimme DWJ3!

I don't like it too muich either. Sometimes when I save, while i have idmus set to something else, I load it, and it laods the original song for the map.

edit: W00t! 250th post! Now I can use my custom avatar! :D
Teh Sonic and Sally smootch. :D

"I think the truth is that all the stars in the universe are actualy celestial sperm inside a pair of intergalactic testicles and that black holes suck them up and shoot them up an astral urethra and into the great eternal vagina." -Danarchy

Old Post 06-24-03 21:10 #
footman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
toxicfluff

Grimm: Skyjake has fixed the music problem in the latest version:

http://www.doomsdayhq.com/news.php

RUST

Old Post 06-30-03 00:44 #
Grazza
=/-

ToXiCFLUFF said:
Grimm: Skyjake has fixed the music problem in the latest version:
That's a shame. I preferred it the way it was.

Old Post 06-30-03 00:52 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Torn
google is your master

I would not call that a "bug". I like it don't start over. Because then it starts get boring, imo.

Old Post 06-30-03 15:21 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
toxicfluff

Torn said:
...I like it don't start over...

It doesn't start over every time you load a save any more.

RUST

Old Post 06-30-03 21:04 #