Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > Question about Zdoom.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:30. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The Heretics Son
Green Marine

i KNOW there is a way to do it.. but is there ANY way I can disable the gui weapon sprites? I wanna take screenshots of the levels and not have the weapons in the way.

"We've heard it a million times, a Bible quote become cliche: 'Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord.' ... Vengeance brought about by hate... and fear. When it points its head in our direction, we take notice and everything changes. The way we choose our friends, the way we protect our families, the way we create enemies out of strangers. Welcome to America."

Use3D said(In Response to SmellyOgre):

If I saw that shit coming down my chimney I'd blow its fucking head off!

Old Post 06-24-03 23:17 #
The Heretics Son is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

Take a screenshot during a weapon change.

Old Post 06-25-03 07:19 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DEMOn

there are deh patches that have invisible weapon sprites if you're really hardcore.

Old Post 06-25-03 09:10 #
DEMOn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Heretics Son
Green Marine

If you could, could you link me to a deh patch without the sprites? Im just lazy... or is there other source ports that can disable the gui sprites..

"We've heard it a million times, a Bible quote become cliche: 'Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord.' ... Vengeance brought about by hate... and fear. When it points its head in our direction, we take notice and everything changes. The way we choose our friends, the way we protect our families, the way we create enemies out of strangers. Welcome to America."

Old Post 06-25-03 15:23 #
The Heretics Son is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

ZDoomGL can disable weapon sprites IIRC. I dont remember the exact command though. Just look though the ini for something like "draw_weapon" or something like that.

Old Post 06-25-03 15:40 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Scientist (sci.wad) has an invisible fist in it.

Old Post 06-25-03 16:17 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Heretics Son
Green Marine

would sci.wad be in the idgames archive?

Old Post 06-25-03 16:32 #
Grimm

Yes.

Hey! What would happen if I put a normal sprite in for a weapons sprite? I could put the 5-view of a Cyberdemon firing for the rocket launcher! Wow, that's really dumb!

Old Post 06-25-03 17:01 #
Grimm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

For nice clean screen shots, type the following at the console

screenshot_quiet 1

r_drawplayersprites 0

The first command switches off the "screenshot" message, so it won't appear in your shots if you take a load close to each other.

The second hides the player weapons.

screenshot_quiet 0

r_drawplayersprites 1

Puts things back how they were.

Old Post 06-25-03 17:22 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rellik
Knock Knock
Who's there?

You can put that all together in a single command can't you? With Legacy I just have it bound to a single key press. Makes taking screenies much easier and nicer.

Old Post 06-25-03 19:20 #
Rellik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DOOM Anomaly
I am Weird Al

Rellik said:
You can put that all together in a single command can't you? With Legacy I just have it bound to a single key press. Makes taking screenies much easier and nicer.
Or you can just do it the way I have for the past long while; Use an Invisable Skin and put on Chasecam :P

I Love Picklehammer! Do You?

Old Post 06-25-03 19:35 #
DOOM Anomaly is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

Rellik said:

Yes, that's possible. to use the p key to take screenshots type the following in the console:

bind p "screenshot_quiet 1; r_drawplayersprites 0; screenshot; r_drawplayersprites 1"

Old Post 06-25-03 21:02 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Heretics Son
Green Marine

Enjay said:
For nice clean screen shots, type the following at the console

screenshot_quiet 1

r_drawplayersprites 0

The first command switches off the "screenshot" message, so it won't appear in your shots if you take a load close to each other.

The second hides the player weapons.

screenshot_quiet 0

r_drawplayersprites 1

Puts things back how they were.

thats for zdoom, right?

Old Post 06-26-03 03:39 #
DOOM Anomaly
I am Weird Al

The Heretics Son said:

thats for zdoom, right?

Correct! :D

I Love Picklehammer! Do You?

Old Post 06-26-03 05:26 #
DOOM Anomaly is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote