Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > Help running wads in ZDoom

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:25. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hellbilly

Greetings all,

I am running ZDoom 2.047 and loving it. However, I can't figure out how to run WADs other than the ones for Final Doom. There is no documentation with this version of ZDoom and the console commands don't seem to work. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Old Post 07-07-03 22:27 #
Hellbilly is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Normal command line stuff still works ( -file, -warp etc.) with the notable addition of -deh (for dehacked/bex patches).

If you've never used the command line before, it's this:

zdoom -file whatever.wad

Old Post 07-07-03 22:37 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

-iwad is also useful to specify which iwad you want to use; otherwise Zdoom will offer you a choice of any that it detects.

If you're an XP user, then you may need to specify the full paths; e.g.:
code:
c:\doom2\zdoom.exe -iwad c:\doom2\doom2.wad -file c:\doom2\hr.wad -warp 22 -skill 5
or whatever ;)

Old Post 07-07-03 23:23 #
Grazza is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hellbilly

Thanks for your help!

Old Post 07-09-03 01:49 #
Hellbilly is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
deldelda
Invisible Platforms = Where?

I'm having the same problem and I don't have MS-DOS prompt. How do I run doom1.wad under zdoom w/o ms-dos?

Old Post 07-29-03 18:03 #
deldelda is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

You have a dos prompt.

Edit: Wait, I forgot. Your copy of doom is warezed. No help for you.

Old Post 07-29-03 18:07 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DoomRater

Seems to me that I should upload my ZDoom MapSpawn program which I've been using to load and play all my PWads. It's not the final version and is kinda stupid actually, but it'll load just your PWads and IWad without any complaints other than "Save changes?" And I plan on getting rid of that. Oh yes, you'll need the latest comdlg32 dlls from dll-files.com if you don't have them. Those get dragged into your system folder or Windows folder.

I'm not ashamed to say I use Visual Basic for front end loaders like Java Easywriter and ZDoom MapSpawn.

Old Post 08-02-03 03:44 #
DoomRater is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote