Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > Korax MOD with newest Doomsday?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:08. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rubilacxe
Doomworld's Wad Ripper

I like the Korax Mod...but I don't like how it uses a sort of out dated version of JHexen....I'm pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff, but is there any way to play the mod with the latest version of JHexen?

WhamNinjaMolehill <-- check out my YouTube Channel

Old Post 07-08-03 15:32 #
Rubilacxe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Retox
Mini-Member

No there's no way of doing this, since these engine are too different. We on Korax team are not going to waste our time in porting it and we don't have a reason to do this.

Old Post 07-08-03 17:06 #
Retox is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rubilacxe
Doomworld's Wad Ripper

Retox said:
No there's no way of doing this, since these engine are too different. We on Korax team are not going to waste our time in porting it and we don't have a reason to do this.

ah ok thanks

WhamNinjaMolehill <-- check out my YouTube Channel

Old Post 07-08-03 17:30 #
Rubilacxe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

Besides, version .996 is a lot simpler to work with than the latest version. There's far less files involved (none of those .ded files) and it is just far too much trouble to convert it all from the old version to the new one. I tried the very same thing with the game I'm working on, but I gave up after a few days.

Old Post 07-10-03 11:07 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote