Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > stupid ZDOOM!!!!!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:51. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
deldelda
Invisible Platforms = Where?

I recently got ZDoom and I unzipped all the files to my doom directory. So I got my Doom one, two, ultimate, plutonia, and evilution wads I wanna try with zdoom, you know, just to check it out. I right-click on Doom1.wad and click on "open with ..." then I browse and find zdoom.exe. piece of crap won't let me run doom, says it cant find bots.cfg when bots.cfg is in the same folder zdoom is in! Then, it starts up the doom2.wad file with no walls! aaaarrrrrrr! Anyhelp on how to get zdoom to recognize that bots.cfg is in the folder?

Oh yeah, and DETH is being a bit gh3y too. I made the shortcut and set it to full-screen, and even the path file is correct, and I double-click on it, and a little tiny window opens up, with a bunch of files listed as if it were working ok, then it just disapears. Does anyone know why DETH is so gay? Or should I Download a different zdoom-compatible editor, and in that case, which one?

Old Post 07-29-03 18:12 #
deldelda is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Flange Peddler

NOt sure about the bot stuff but you don't need to drag and drop the main wads onto the .exe (like a wad file). just load zdoom.exe, and if it finds more than 1 iwad, it will ask you which one to use.

In fact, dragging doom1.wad over probably makes zdoom think it's runnig doom2 with doom as a pwad... which may exaplin the weirdness with the walls.

Regarding deth, if you want to edit zdoom, make sure you get zeth instead.

Old Post 07-29-03 18:16 #
The Flange Peddler is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
timmie
2 legit 2 quit!

make a folder called "zcajun" and put the bots file in that and try running ZDoom with the command line "zdoom -iwad doom2.wad". To run user made maps, run it like this: "zdoom -iwad doom2.wad -file mywad.wad". Just change the wad specified with the "-iwad" option to change the game (ie: doom.wad for Doom1, doom1.wad for Shareware Doom, etc).

Old Post 07-29-03 18:17 #
timmie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Espi
Möh.

The bots.cfg should be in a "zcajun" subdir I think. Sounds like you have downloaded some older zdoom version anyway, get http://www.zdoom.org/files/lars/47.cab

Old Post 07-29-03 18:17 #
Espi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deldelda

alright, it still doesn't recognize that bots.cfg is in zcajun, I'll just delete zdoom and deth, since i'm so mad. ugh, i think i should take a nap.

Old Post 07-29-03 18:28 #
deldelda is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Epyo
Dude

Zeth is for Zdoom, Deth is for Doom.

Old Post 07-29-03 21:57 #
Epyo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Biffy
Forum Regular

deldelda said:
alright, it still doesn't recognize that bots.cfg is in zcajun, I'll just delete zdoom and deth, since i'm so mad. ugh, i think i should take a nap.
The zcajun folder goes inside your zdoom folder. So if your zdoom.exe is in c:\games\zdoom then your bots.cfg file goes in c:\games\zdoom\zcajun.

Old Post 07-29-03 22:58 #
Biffy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deldelda

yeah. oh well, there's always wadauthor.

Old Post 07-29-03 23:08 #
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

While your at it, why dont you actually pay for your copies of the dooms?

Old Post 07-29-03 23:09 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cadman
I'm not supposed to be here...no really

Pay for it instead of using your warez'd versions...heh!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

I'm a DoomGod! (Yeah, right!!)

Old Post 07-30-03 00:27 #
Cadman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

Yes, the problem is probably that those warezed iwads are corrupted.

Old Post 07-30-03 00:35 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kinkyfriend85
Banned

[OFFTOPIC]
It's really neat to see "famous" people hangin' around here, like TeamTNT members....

Old Post 07-30-03 07:08 #
kinkyfriend85 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote