Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > Just out of curiosity...

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:37. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Can anyone point me to a Heretic map (for Heretic.exe) that has a 3d bridge in it? AFAIK, I've never seen or played a Heretic.exe map that has one.

Old Post 08-01-03 00:09 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DarkWolf

Doom_Dude is working on a Heretic series for Legacy. He released 1 map that used some of Legacy's features in Heretic. Of course those are control sector 3d bridges, and not the older style ones.

Old Post 08-01-03 12:21 #
DarkWolf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
toxicfluff

DD's wad:

ftp://megawad@server1.thefourwinds...._shadowcore.zip

It's a demo of his upcoming Heretic megawad I think.

RUST

Old Post 08-01-03 13:56 #
toxicfluff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rellik
Knock Knock
Who's there?

I thought it was pretty fun too, and I hate SP. :p

Old Post 08-01-03 14:23 #
Rellik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
toxicfluff

Rellik said:
I thought it was pretty fun too, and I hate SP. :p

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Heretic, but I enjoyed that map. DD has way too many projects on the go though.

RUST

Old Post 08-01-03 16:07 #
toxicfluff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh

Yeah, yeah, I remember playing that map like a year ago or so, it was pretty cool. But I wanna know is if there are any Heretic wads that utilize a good old fashioned fake 3d bridge.

Old Post 08-02-03 00:42 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DarkWolf

I've never seen one. But then again I've never played many custom Heretic maps.

Old Post 08-02-03 13:10 #
DarkWolf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh

You know I never could really understand why there are certain people that don't like Heretic as much as they would Doom. But I guess a lot of people aren't turned on by gothic stuff.
Personally I like both games about the same.

Old Post 08-02-03 13:28 #
DevastatioN

Hey, I like Heretic, its cool and I actually love Gothic stuff :) but I like DooM alot more than Heretic for one main reason, the weapon balance, the weapon balance in heretic is horrible hehe, Heretic is cool to go through in SP but its DM is kinda blah.

Last edited by DevastatioN on 08-04-03 at 20:47

Old Post 08-02-03 14:26 #
DevastatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh

DevastatioN said:
Hey, I like Heretic, its cool and I actually love Gothic stuff :)
Glad to hear it :)

the weapon balance in heretic is horrible hehe, Heretic is cool to go through in SP but its DM is kinda blah.
Weird, I always thought the weapons in Heretic were pretty well balanced out.

Old Post 08-02-03 15:23 #
Grimm

I don't particularly like Heretic because the palatte is kinda funny, and because it basically just feels like a sprite replacement for Doom to me. I love Gothic stuff. But I'm not a Goth. :)

Old Post 08-02-03 15:53 #
Grimm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Dude

Hey just read this. Thanx for the comments. :) The first thing I'm going to do after finishing my 'megawad upgrade' is finish that Heretic episode. I have 4 or 5 maps for it that have a lot of work done on them, so theres a good part that be already done. In the 3rd map I have a nice 3d bridge of the non-fake variety, that is in this ancient underground area. Here's a screenie of the bridge.

http://megawad.newdoom.com/Screenshots/shadow04_sm.JPG

Old Post 08-12-03 04:02 #
Doom Dude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

DooMBoy said:
Can anyone point me to a Heretic map (for Heretic.exe) that has a 3d bridge in it? AFAIK, I've never seen or played a Heretic.exe map that has one.

A couple of years ago I went through the entire archive of Heretic wads and found no 3D bridges whatsoever. And I've not seen any since then, either. (and I didn't know how to build them when I built my Heretic maps)

Old Post 08-12-03 11:38 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Doom Dude said:
Hey just read this. Thanx for the comments. :) The first thing I'm going to do after finishing my 'megawad upgrade' is finish that Heretic episode. I have 4 or 5 maps for it that have a lot of work done on them, so theres a good part that be already done. In the 3rd map I have a nice 3d bridge of the non-fake variety, that is in this ancient underground area. Here's a screenie of the bridge.

http://megawad.newdoom.com/Screenshots/shadow04_sm.JPG

Nice! That looks pretty fucking spooky.

Old Post 08-12-03 11:57 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Dude

Nice! That looks pretty fucking spooky.

Hey thanx BBG. It's not quite that dark in the game and a lot of the ambience in the shot is due to Legacy's glfog effect. After I took that shot, I made a waterfall in the room and used one of the Boom linetypes to scroll the water but it was impossible to see the waterfall a few feet away, let alone from the bridge, so I adjusted the light level upwards. Now it's no longer as dark as it once was. Still looks pretty good tho IMHO. :)

Old Post 08-12-03 23:53 #
Doom Dude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote