Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

jDoom - Hi resolution interscreens for Doom

Looks pretty cool. I generally don't use models in JDoom though, since they seem to slow everything down.

fo

yeah of course they slow down a comp much because models arent like sprites, models takes much much more in cpu speed and memory.
i would recommend a p3 700-800 geforce 2 mx 200 for use with models, a 1000 or better with hi res textures + models [not too many particle effects tho]
1200-1300 geforce 3 for use with hi res textures + models + average particle effects 1500+] geforce 4 hi res textures + models with hi res skins + much particles

tho jdoom lags on my amd xp 2500, 512 mb 400 mhz [runs in 333 on this machine] nvidia geforce 4 4200 64 mb ddr

I use JDoom with eyecandy at the max ( AMD 2100+ OCed to 1916mhz, 512mb pc133 ddr sdram, gf4 ti4200 64mb OCed to 280/570 and 80 gig hard drive) using 800x600x32 res!

I play jdoom at 1280x1024x32, high-res textures, models enabled, etc.

Speed is good, sound code is somewhat lacking.

Try checking the "Use DirectSound 6" in kickstart you two, it solves my problems

pretty damn sweet, damn cant wait until u fish it. be cool to add effects like fog and gas. i would like to see inferno done too, even in doom it is animated fairly well. then what about the end screens (like hell spikes and the rabit head)

These are fabulous. I was impressed when I first saw the hi res titlepics, but wow. These are definitely going in my jdoom dir.

Mr. Chris said:

I use JDoom with eyecandy at the max ( AMD 2100+ OCed to 1916mhz, 512mb pc133 ddr sdram, gf4 ti4200 64mb OCed to 280/570 and 80 gig hard drive) using 800x600x32 res!

you aint pushing it hard, go to a much higher res.a
currently i use AMD 1800+, 1024x768x32 666MB(rounded to that number) 2 20GB hard drives in RAID

Heh, is there some mailing list or something that tells people about hi-res stuff or somethin'? :P I haven't heard of hi-res titlepics.

The high res titlepics are on the Hi Detail Skin thread in the Doomsday forum on *shudder* NewDoom. Hopefully, we'll see a similar thread on the Doom Republic forum

i use jdoom in 1024X768 with everithing in max. i use the md2 models too. i have an geforce 4 mx440. it gives me a good performance. but i wish i had a fx. today is now, so i use directx9. its pretty good! wich remembers that there is a new version of jdooom.

Mr. Chris said:

The high res titlepics are on the Hi Detail Skin thread in the Doomsday forum on *shudder* NewDoom. Hopefully, we'll see a similar thread on the Doom Republic forum

what is the url to download it?