Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bastet Furry

Someone got a link to doom wars besides 3D-Suckload?

Hi!

Does anyone has got a link to doom wars? One of the older versions with bot support.
I could download it from 3D-Suckload, but i dont see the sense in waiting half an hour to start a download that will take me 10 seconds.
Why do the doomworld staff even consideres using these dudes?
Wouldnt it be better to use a ftp-server or a torrent/ed2k-link?
Would these services get some legal use and everybody would be happy in an ad-free world. ;)
(Not that i filter these from start :P )

So Long, The Werelion!

It might be easier to help if you specified exactly which file you're looking for (and ranted less).

That was found by me before, but thanks anyway ;)
When i go on download i just get "host unreachable", on all servers.

I've just successfully downloaded it from the DL5.EDGEFILES.COM link, and DL4.EDGEFILES.COM looks like a good bet ATM, with only 20% usage.

Bastet Furry said:
When i go on download i just get "host unreachable", on all servers.

Maybe that is why we have ads and waiting lines... to ensure we can afford the bandwidth while still providing files to you for free.

Mordeth said:

Maybe that is why we have ads and waiting lines... to ensure we can afford the bandwidth while still providing files to you for free.

And why is it that, when i get a server in germany, i dont need quees?
Ads, ok... they load but dont show up on my screen as i never have clicked on a banner, so why should i even display them?
And 1,30 Euro/1 GByte is a very reasonable price here and if i had the money i would even consider hosting stuff for the comunity.

But i have another option.
AFAIT even in the US you can get payed webspace without bandwidth limit for 2,50 Dollar with 100 MB space... enough for some ports and even some wads, saved without bsp data and zipped. (I think everyone can execute a bsp foo.wad and wait that minute) (There could even be a port that does bsp on loadtime ;) )

Bastet Furry said:

(There could even be a port that does bsp on loadtime ;) )

ZDoom does! ;-)

Graf Zahl said:

ZDoom does! ;-)

Cool! Then i can strip the bsp data from the levels and save space!
(AFAIK >50% is bsp data)

Sephiroth said:

why the hell do that, are you really hurting that bad for space?

Not that, but with that i can get a lot more levels on a cd than with bsp data...
I think i can even get all Levels made up to today on one CD-R, if i kick out bsp data ;)

you can messenger me I'll send it I also made a rudementary map for dwars.Also it would be cool to actually play dwars with another person.

Doomworld is not going to switch download servers unless it also switches hosts. DW is a Telefragged site, and 3D Downloads is Telefragged's own file download system, so I rather think they would object to one of their own sites using a rival service.

When will people learn that busy servers like 3D Downloads and File Planet need ques? Consider the two alternatives:

1) if the server has a sensible user limit, you'll have to keep clicking the same link over and over and over (etc) again until there are less users than the limit. Unless you stay up until the middle of the night when most other people are asleep, you'd possibly even have to do this for a lot longer than 2 hours. Believe me, this is not fun.

2) if the server doesn't have a sensible user limit, you'd probably still need to click the same link a few times, and once the file actually started downloading it would take something like 2 weeks to download, because all the bandwidth is being leached by other users.