Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
InfraRed

What the Christ [Zdoom problem]

can someone please explain to me what this is? whenever i open any wad (including doom2.wad) with zdoom it gives me this shit.

-could not create DirectDraw object: 80040154

ive uninstalled/reinstalled udoom and doom2, uninstalled/reinstalled zdoom(and tried various versions) and in both of those failing, i am screwed for using zdaemon.

i get that error too sometimes. For me, i usually get it whether im on the internet or if too many programs are running at the same time.

After my comp has been running for about 2 days, no source port works for me at all, they all quit with some error similar to that one.

What OS are you guys using?? Just curious.

I can run for WEEKS (even months) without rebooting on XP.

Don't think DirectX 9 is required for ZDOOM. There might be something newer added lately (haven't checked), but it used to just required DX3 and above.

deep said:

What OS are you guys using?? Just curious.

Win98se. Mainly for full support of older games like doom, civ, ufo etc.

Ah. That's what I figured. The problem is just Win98 (Me is even worse).

As I try to explain (to usually deaf ears), I had to reboot Win98 at least once very 4 hours when developing if I wanted to prevent a frozen or BSOD system. Even without doing that, you should reboot 98 every single day. The list of things it does incorrectly makes me wonder why MS never got sued over such an incompetent OS.

I have an old machine that runs 98 mainly for compat testing. If I do nothing, I have it running for weeks with no problems :)

yea it worked perfect for me as well on my other system also running ME. and downgrading didn't work either =\