Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Splatter

Looking for a particular port [launcher/frontend]

Hi guys, I just reinstalled Doom after not playing since about 2002. I'm looking for the source port (or maybe zDoom frontend) that I used to have. Hopefully one of you knows the one I'm talking about.

The launcher had more than one screen to it... I think there were tabs to navigate to the other screens. You could set pretty much everything in the launcher without the need to ever open the menu while Doom's running. Audio and video settings, mouse/keyboard/controller configuration, the zDoom-style engine options like enabling jumping and stretching the sky for mouselook, the works. There were checkboxes for every weapon so you could choose which weapons you'd start a map with.

I've tried several of the ports on doomworld, as well as all the downloadable frontends on zDoom's wiki, but none of them are the one I'm looking for. For now I'm taking the bare-bones approach and using zDoom with zdl, but it'd be nice to have the flexibility of that old source port.

Unfortunately, neither of those ports is the one. They both lack the checkboxes for weapons. Thanks for replying, though.

Any other suggestions? As good as this port was, someone had to have played it.

Entropy said:

Splatter...the port you are looking for is doom legacy.

Splatter said:

There were checkboxes for every weapon so you could choose which weapons you'd start a map with.

Nope, Legacy's launcher doesn't have any options like that.

Well, I went through all 27 Windows ports that're listed on doomworld, but no luck. Does anyone know of a listing of frontends aside from the ones on zDoom's wiki, in case it was a generic frontend?

Anyway, I'll try asking on the zDoom forums. But if anyone here happens to come across this launcher, please let me know.

Phobos:

Splatter said:

For now I'm taking the bare-bones approach and using zDoom with zdl

It might help if you read the whole post.