Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Glaring visual bugs in Gzdoom

I was playing Claustrophobia (claust.wad), map 3, and noticed some HOM effects in the outside area. At first this was only moderately distracting, but later in the level it became unplayable. I don't think this is an error on the author's part, as he clearly knows what he's doing and there were no bugs listed in the readme file. My guess is that it's some weird "side effect" of Gzdoom. Is there any way to fix this? I tried running the same wad in Zdoom, but for some reason my computer won't run Zdoom anymore (it says it can't set the resolution to 640x480), even after I redownloaded and reinstalled it.

Since I consider this WAD unplayable and untestable because noclipping is practically impossible you have to give me some coordinates (and some screenshots of the glitches.) I warped to several spots in that map and all looked ok.

Also please list your system's specifications, most importantly your graphics card.

Christ on a stick man...Okay, I'm going to try to go about this as best as I can, but things have gotten me so stressed/pissed at the moment (from a number of things, not just Doom), I'm struggling to maintain composure and am having trouble formulating sentences.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6089/doomfuck16ak.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5281/doomfuck22jo.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/622/doomfuck30dd.jpg

Those are the best screenshots I took of the horrible HOM effect in MAP03. Also, when in the small room with the revenants/demons/imps/barons/hellknights that keep transporting, there's a dark room behind it that opens up after you kill everything. When you get to a certain point, all these gore sprites start appearing and gameplay dips WAY below one frame per second, rendering it unplayable. I don't know what the hell this is about either but it's not possible to get past that area without a playable framerate (or you can just cheat, but i refuse to do that). I would post screenshots of that but GZDOOM has decided to erase EVERY SINGLE SAVE POINT except one, including my autosaves, so I'm a little too depressed and frustrated to get back to that point right now.

What version of GZDoom do you have? That looks like the same graphical error that was in The Void map from Simplicity. That was fixed sometime last year. The latest version of GZDoom is 0.9.25. I suggest you get it from Graf's website, and see if that fixes the problem.

As for the gore sprite crap, well, you just answered your own question. There's so many sprites that get spawned at such a fast rate there, that you would need a beast of a machine to get through that without it slowing down your framerate to a crawl. Using regular ZDoom won't help, as that's what I used when I played that wad a while ago, and I just had to noclip through that area so I wouldn't trigger it.

As for the save issue, well, I can't really help you with that. Just out of curiosity, have you looked in the save directory itself to see if the actual save files themselves are there?

Check for a save directory inside the GZDoom folder itself, and you can also check under "Documents and Settings=>you login name=>save", if you have Windows XP, or look in the My Documents folder for a save folder if you have Windows 9x.

It's definitely a very old version. It still says 2.0.96x as the ZDoom base version. The current state is 2.0.98x. That means it is at least 10 versions or 3 months old. Simplicity was relased approximately at the same time. I fixed the bug Nuxius mentions on 27 Oct 2005.