Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Save issues with Gzdoom

Sometimes all my save slots disappear, then they'll suddenly reappear. There's no telling when they will. What accounts for this? I also notcied when I last upgraded to the latest version, it wiped out all my save slots.

this question might get a better response over at the gzdoom page http://grafzahl.drdteam.org/

as for save games, sometimes when releasing a new version, it will break save games :) and you will have to use the older version if you wish to use them

Are you shifting folders around? This can make save games disappear.

Save games from my Doom95 dont work with Legacy so I put them in thier own folder until I want to play them. Legacy saves also have thier own folder.

Legacy reads the Doom95 games but wont let me load them. So I just shift all of them in and out of the main folder for when i need them.

You can make alot of save games this way and not just 6. Each folder can hold 6 save games. Label each folder for a port and certain iwad, you can have almost endless game saves.

Are you opening whatever wad files you're playing from a different folder? If so, you might want to explicitly tell GZDoom where your savegames should be stored by looking for this line in your INI file:

savedir=c:\games\doom\save\