Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > Newer version of source ports

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:27. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Well, some of you (myself included) have seen the Boom 2 pic, provided by skadoomer. Simply awesome!
My question is this:
Do think that there will eventually be some kind of ZDoom2, Legacy2, EDGE2, etc.?

Old Post 11-14-01 03:35 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nightmare imp

Sounds cool!

Old Post 11-14-01 03:57 #
nightmare imp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DiSTuRBeD

Zdoom and edge and shit is still unde development. Boom was finished years ago, that's why they start #2 now.

First one to say it risks to be called gay by doomBOY here...

Old Post 11-14-01 08:24 #
DiSTuRBeD is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katgut
Post Out Of Order

Boom 2 isn't a sequel to TeamTNT's Boom - it's a sequel to another engine, ALSO called Boom, which wasn't based on Doom, only made to look like it. Confusing, eh?

Old Post 11-14-01 08:34 #
Katgut is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Linguica

Anyone who has been around the block a few times will remember that back in late 1997/early 1998 when TeamTNT announced that they were working on a Doom source port called "Boom" I did an update on FuncE where I linked to that exact 3D engine which was also called Boom and dissed TeamTNT for it. If I remember correctly they got a little pissy but kept the name. Rick Clark also made a comment somewhere saying that TeamTNT's Boom ought to have been more like the new 3D engine called Boom, which had true 3D.

Old Post 11-14-01 09:35 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cph

Well, some of you (myself included) have seen the Boom 2 pic, provided by skadoomer.

Hey, I've seen tons of Boom v2 pics. In facts it's been out for years and is already up to v2.02. Now that's what I call awesome.

So what is skadoomer talking about?

Do think that there will eventually be some kind of ZDoom2, Legacy2, EDGE2, etc.?

Why don't you ask them?

Old Post 11-17-01 17:41 #
cph is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote