Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BilboHicks

ScoreDoom 2.9 Full Release (updated to 2.9g)

Doom_user said:

At your site, when I try to download ScoreDoomST, it starts downloading GZScoreDoom instead.

thanks. It is fixed now. (may need to reload the page)

Hi,

Surprisingly I mustered the enthusiasm and time to make a content update to the bonus pack. Just a few more custom enemies to play with as well as a tweak to a power up.
The engine build is now over 5 years old and I am no longer working on it at all. Actually its a hassle to get newer content to work, due compatibility issues, so it requires tweaking.

Other that that, Scoredoom & ScoreDoomST is in the process of being ported over to the latest versions of gzdoom and zandronum by a russian developer. There is no ETA, since they are waiting on Zandronum 2.0 to come out first. I will not be involved in any development or support for that release. Its still tentative but evidently they are working slowly on it.
More info here:

http://scoredoom.com/blog/

BilboHicks said:

Scoredoom & ScoreDoomST is in the process of being ported over to the latest versions of gzdoom and zandoranum

Awesome. The sole complaint I ever had about Scoredoom was that ScoreDoomST used an ancient, ZDoomGL-based, version of Skulltag as it's base.

The name for that port is terrible largely because it's so hard to say or spell right.

And I'm excited. Scoredoom is still one of my favorite ports and I'm glad to see it's going to continue to be updated, even if it is changing ownership so to speak.

I just hope they can have as much good sense about what does or doesn't go in the addon pack as you did. Some of the most fun I've had playing Doom in the last few years has been in Scoredoom with the custom monsters on, and the careful monster selection was definitely a factor in that.

sector666 said:

The name for that port is terrible largely because it's so hard to say or spell right.

And I'm excited. Scoredoom is still one of my favorite ports and I'm glad to see it's going to continue to be updated, even if it is changing ownership so to speak.

I just hope they can have as much good sense about what does or doesn't go in the addon pack as you did. Some of the most fun I've had playing Doom in the last few years has been in Scoredoom with the custom monsters on, and the careful monster selection was definitely a factor in that.

Thank you, glad to hear that you enjoyed it! :-) Definitely more time and effort has gone into custom monster balance than anything else, due to the sheer amount of new content.

After a forum member clued me into some stuff that I missed in my last bonus pack update, I got a second wind and decided to do another update. Info & download link in the News section at scoredoom.com

I don't know if anyone has said anything about this, but i think i found a bug. Whenever i fire the rocket launcher the game simply crash everytime, i don't know if its my computer or the source port because everything is working fine.

KevinHEZ said:

I don't know if anyone has said anything about this, but i think i found a bug. Whenever i fire the rocket launcher the game simply crash everytime, i don't know if its my computer or the source port because everything is working fine.

I just did a test from a fresh install from the archive with addon pack and bonus pack in the skins directory

and started with a bat file:

'gzscoredoom -file sdgldefs.pk3 -sdmconfig sdcustombonuspack.ini'

Did not have a problem. Are you using a weapons mod? This may cause problems.

BilboHicks said:

I just did a test from a fresh install from the archive with addon pack and bonus pack in the skins directory

and started with a bat file:

'gzscoredoom -file sdgldefs.pk3 -sdmconfig sdcustombonuspack.ini'

Did not have a problem. Are you using a weapons mod? This may cause problems.

I installed from this link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?4db59d4z9x9tc5k

And only put the doom 2 and 1 wads in the folder, no mods whatsoever (no command line either). Everything worked perfectly, not a single bug or error, except the rocket launcher one.

KevinHEZ said:

I installed from this link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?4db59d4z9x9tc5k

And only put the doom 2 and 1 wads in the folder, no mods whatsoever (no command line either). Everything worked perfectly, not a single bug or error, except the rocket launcher one.

Yeah, I downloaded from there too for testing with a fresh install, and rocket launcher works fine for me with no add on or bonus pack and with them. Odd. I take it that you installed into a fresh new directory? Odd.

BilboHicks said:

Yeah, I downloaded from there too for testing with a fresh install, and rocket launcher works fine for me with no add on or bonus pack and with them. Odd. I take it that you installed into a fresh new directory? Odd.

New directory and everything, the game works until i fire the rocket launcher, then it goes into a black screen and a error message appears.

Here is the crash report:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j33fmv14oszrbo9/CrashReport.zip?dl=0

You know what this makes me think of, a mod which saves your stats from last playing any Doom maps, like a completion tick-off list but also with stats of how many times you killed what demon and how many times you used a certain weapon and all that, but it would have to display screenshots of each map in a selection screen detailing the information besides each of them, also there would be a grand total showing if you've done up to 100% of the whole game with items, kills and secrets.

KevinHEZ said:

New directory and everything, the game works until i fire the rocket launcher, then it goes into a black screen and a error message appears.

Here is the crash report:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j33fmv14oszrbo9/CrashReport.zip?dl=0

Thanks, but I dont have my dev environment with me anymore. I would try running in software rendering instead of opengl and see if that works. If so, then turn on opengl with minimal setting and see if that works, etc..
Basically turn to minimal settings, including not having gldefs loaded or add on packs, and PM me to let me know how you get on.

Oh yeah, and running it in XP compatibility mode might be worth a try. Also try re downloading the package and reinstalling it afresh. This is a very odd bug :)

BilboHicks said:

Thanks, but I dont have my dev environment with me anymore. I would try running in software rendering instead of opengl and see if that works. If so, then turn on opengl with minimal setting and see if that works, etc..
Basically turn to minimal settings, including not having gldefs loaded or add on packs, and PM me to let me know how you get on.

Oh yeah, and running it in XP compatibility mode might be worth a try. Also try re downloading the package and reinstalling it afresh. This is a very odd bug :)

Ok thanks man, i'm going to try everything later, i'll post here with the results.

So, have a final 'jubilee' Bonus Pack update to ScoreDoom. Some more new enemies, tech barrels (for extra mayhem), Boss Rushes updated, and have (imo) improved custom enemy distributions in the bonus pack ini file to make the feel even more 'Doom-like' without sacrificing variety. There is also a 'combined' ini file that throws everything at you in the add-on pack and bonus pack.

http://scoredoom.com/blog/2014/10/30/scoredoom-7-year-anniversary-bonus-pack-release/

Not an update to scoredoom per se, but wanted to mention that another project got finished on http://scoredoom.com that adds a similar concept to DayZ that scoredoom added to Doom (or gzdoom/skulltag).

ScoreDoom DayZ (UACDayz) has a server up, Hi score tables and a bunch of other cool stuff that adds to the fun of DayZ, but not changing the core gameplay itself.

Out of curiousity, is there any way to actually use the software renderer in GZScoreDoom? Whenever I try to, it crashes the moment I try to actually start a level.

Thanks, was not even aware of this. This is probably something that got fixed in newer versions of gzdoom. It used to work on Windows XP, but compatibility mode did not help on Windows 7.
If and when I get some time I can poke around and see what is happening.